Re: JB's Dudley re-opens at the end of September....reply from seventhsea
Posted by: Woody ()
Date: August 31, 2012 04:15AM

The following comment is by seventhsea who is unable to post himself due to the login issues with the board.

I know this is going to be a negative post but sadly, we have seen the
end of JBs as we know it.

The fact is that the new owner has paid a 6 figure sum to get the club
reopen and has to recoup his money. No matter how much we enjoy it, melodic rock gigs were never going to recoup those types of moneys for
him. Lets face it - if it was financially successful it wouldnt have
gone under in the first place.

I have been to gigs on a SATURDAY evening there when there has been less than 40 people in! Hell, a friend went to once on a Friday night & she and her 3 friends were the ONLY people in! Remember this was a 1000
capacity venue. In my minds, they made a mistake when they removed the
middle wall in the place and extended it as they weren't filling it even then! The only band I personally have ever seen fill it out were a Bon Jovi tribute band.......

Unfortunately I agree with Woody that The Robin isnt going to take the
chances on the bands. Mike (owner) isnt stupid and will know what sort
of audiences they were drawing at JBs and isnt going to risk his
business booking bands that dont fill the place. Doesnt take many bad
nights to seriously dent the cashflow (and get a reputation for having
no atmosphere to boot).

I think this area is going to have to make the most of the few melodic
rock gigs that the likes of The Robin, Slade Rooms etc put on and we are sadly going to have to accept that Rock City will get the majority of the gigs that were headed to this area.

The above comments do not necessarily reflect the views of Woody who is
just posting this on behalf of seventhsea

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's pronounced Rock Shitty steve.....bloody hell how many time's do i have to tell ya! hahaha....

Yeah i pretty much agree with your comments Steve, shame Rock Shitty is a shithole, means i have to look at gigs in the north or south of england now and this only pumps up how much it costs me making most gigs next to impossible unless someone wants to cover my expenses....anyone......hello, anyone?......*tumbleweed blows by*.....

Woody

http://www.woodysrockreviews.co.uk

Superbia in Praelia

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
JB's Dudley re-opens at the end of September.... 1734 Woody 08/31/2012 12:06AM
Re: JB's Dudley re-opens at the end of September.... 376 rinkytink 08/31/2012 02:13AM
Re: JB's Dudley re-opens at the end of September.... 318 mattenigmamusic1 08/31/2012 02:32AM
Re: JB's Dudley re-opens at the end of September.... 365 Woody 08/31/2012 02:45AM
Re: JB's Dudley re-opens at the end of September....reply from seventhsea349 Woody 08/31/2012 04:15AM
Re: JB's Dudley re-opens at the end of September....reply from seventhsea 255 seventhseauk 08/31/2012 07:43PM
Wasn't there a previous JBs building? 234 rinkytink 09/01/2012 04:44AM
Re: Wasn't there a previous JBs building? 204 Woody 09/01/2012 05:17AM
Re: Wasn't there a previous JBs building? 230 seventhsea 09/01/2012 08:24AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.