Re: John Schlitt...
Posted by: illimey ()
Date: February 23, 2012 01:22PM

This (IMO of course) is what he did not deliver on:

THE VISION

“The Greater Cause” will be the title of my fourth solo album. The project is intended to be a fresh and powerful tool to accomplish what God has been doing through me for many years: connecting and encouraging people through my music. I’ve learned a lot since the release of “The Grafting” as an independent artist on my own label and I want to take it to the next level with this new album.

In these days filled with uncertainty and insecurity - both economically and politically - we as Christians need to remind each other who Christ is and who we are in Him. We need to use common sense in this world and awaken to the fact that Jesus is Lord, no matter what those around us may say – or do. This is my goal with “The Greater Cause.”

THE REASON

I’ve been in music for the greater part of my life… it’s what I do. I have been given a musical platform to speak from; I pray the message has been and will be heard through the lyrics of my songs and through my life.

The message is – and always has been – to encourage the listener to grasp the reality that we are on the winning team. The enemy is escalating his tactics, using every possible means he can to keep people from the truth - the truth that they are made in the image of God and are designed for a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ. Our Lord is alive and through Him we are to be victorious in His perfect plan for us - a plan that was designed for us from the beginning of time.

Regardless of the listener's beliefs, I think it is clear that an album in which the lyrics don't mention the name Jesus Christ (or even refer to him in any obvious way) cannot be seen to deliver on the premise outlined by John in the above quote. John said he wanted the listener to be awakened to the fact that "Jesus is Lord". He said he "pray[ed] the message... will be heard through the lyrics of my songs...".

From my perspective that is a very admirable desire. Also from my perspective, he did not deliver.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
GUARDIAN / VIXEN "Kickstarter" Campaigns... 641 Shade 02/22/2012 08:02PM
Re: GUARDIAN / VIXEN "Kickstarter" Campaigns... 317 Snake65 02/22/2012 10:56PM
Re: GUARDIAN / VIXEN "Kickstarter" Campaigns... 320 Coco 02/23/2012 12:15AM
Re: GUARDIAN / VIXEN "Kickstarter" Campaigns... 319 PDS 02/23/2012 12:47AM
Re: GUARDIAN / VIXEN "Kickstarter" Campaigns... 327 illimey 02/23/2012 01:14AM
John Schlitt... 242 The Toon Guy 02/23/2012 04:19AM
Re: John Schlitt... 276 reopugh 02/23/2012 04:46AM
Re: John Schlitt...249 illimey 02/23/2012 01:22PM
Re: John Schlitt... 219 The Toon Guy 02/24/2012 06:30AM
Re: GUARDIAN / VIXEN "Kickstarter" Campaigns... 272 rocknut 02/23/2012 01:08AM
Re: GUARDIAN / VIXEN "Kickstarter" Campaigns... 272 marco17 02/28/2012 11:48AM
Re: GUARDIAN / VIXEN "Kickstarter" Campaigns... 167 Shade 02/28/2012 06:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.