Def Leppard - Manchester
Posted by: Britny ()
Date: February 24, 2003 09:57AM

What a gig, I may not have been moved by the recent album but as ever they don't disappoint live. As it ws my first 'big' gig since moving to Manchester i'm pleased it did not disappoint.

So bad points witnessed my first ever fight at a rock gig. Some arsehole tried to push his way to the front, a young lad told him to get back and said prat decided to punch hell out of the poor kid. What was even more disappointing was when myself and another couple of girls tried to stand in the way i got hurled out the way and i believe the other girl actually got hit. It saddened me as i had never witnessed such behaviour at any of the rock gigs i have been to.

Big bad point was support act the darkness. Hell i think my ears are still bleeding. Does the world really need another 5th rate acdc wannabe, the singer was awful and managed to encompas everything that is bad about rock, need i say more than pink trousers andan andy pandy style romper suit. How the hell they got the gig when there are more worthy bands out there is beyond me.

Ricky Warwick was enjoyable as ever and erm still looking and sounding very sexy ;-)

Good nite for crushes Rick Savage was my crush at 12 (was the curly hair and miami vice style yellow jacket that did it) and ricky warwick was my 15 yr old crush :-) I do believe rick had stolen my jeans or the ones he was wearing were nearly as bad as some of mine lol.

Anyway leppard rocked only gripe they didnt play bringin on the heartbreak which is criminal in my eyes. At least i got slang and rock of ages to kep me happy.

All in all inspite of allthe moans there were about ticket prices if you can forget that we deserved a refund for suffering the darkness (who if they have any decency at all will disappear into the darkness never to be seen again) leppard were in fine form and worth every penny. Wish id gone home for the newcastle show now.

brit

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Def Leppard - Manchester192 Britny 02/24/2003 09:57AM
Re: Def Leppard - Manchester 81Radish02/24/2003 11:15AM
Re: Def Leppard - Manchester 99marillion-anorak02/24/2003 12:29PM
Does this mean.... 97Surfpunk!02/24/2003 10:08PM
Re: Does this mean.... 114Danny02/24/2003 11:14PM
Re: Def Leppard - Manchester 84 Lil Dude 02/25/2003 06:40AM
Def Lep X @ Music Zone £6 n/p 92Vantheman02/25/2003 08:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.