Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October
Posted by: Harv ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:12PM

I'm not too sure how all this started between Andy and those he seems to have issues with so I won't get involved in that side of things, but I would just like to confirm what most others who have contributed to the various posts have said. As lead singer of Stormzone I have the utmost respect for Davy Warren, Keiran Dargan and everyone who has been associated with the shows the two guys have been involved with here in Ireland and England.

Back in 2004 I was involved in the tribute scene paying homage to Whitesnake when Davy called me to say that Kieran and he were bring Danger Danger to Belfast and would I be interested in supporting them. I didn't want to do support to a band playing original material with a tribute set and quickly put together a support length set of songs recorded mostly during my Den Of Thieves days. Thinking this was just going to be a one-off show we did it simply under the 'Harv' moniker. Of course it was a huge success for all involved and there was no way I was then going to settle for that feeling being a one-off, we changed our name to Stormzone and that's basically how we started.

Without the encouragement and opportunities given to us then and afterwards by Davy and Kieran we probably would have become quickly disillusioned, but Kieran quickly followed up his appreciation of Stormzone by giving us supports with Danny Vaughn and a triumphant opening slot at Firefest in 2007 and Davy continued to support us with local shows including a packed out Rosetta gig with White Lion.

We have much to thank Davy and Kieran for, we were always treated well and also experienced the almost unbelievable scenario of a support band being PAID!!

As for our recent shows with Tesla and Y&T, yes, of course we are grateful to CDC for promoting these shows but our involvement with both wasn't actually down to their personal choice. We played the Spring & Airbrake in Belfast with Tesla as part of supporting them on all their UK dates and that was an opportunity given to us by Steve Strange. The imminent Y&T show sees us returning to the same venue as support to them basically because they stated that we were the band they wanted to play with in Belfast as we'd toured with them last year in Spain. Glyder are doing the Dublin show because they did the UK dates. So CDC are heavily involved, but as promoters they probably didn't really care who the support bands were. When we did the shows for Davy & Kieran they definitely CARED as to who the support bands were and apart from us they have given Million Dollar Reload a helping hand along the way so the local scene is two bands better off as a result of being given great opportunities by two of life's true gentlemen!

I hope that let's everyone know where Stormzone stands with regards to all this, we'll be forever greatful to everyone who has supported us but a special place will always be in our hearts for Davy & Kieran because basically without them I'd probably still be in a tribute band!!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 197 Andy Jameson 09/17/2009 09:02AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 101 Tony M 09/17/2009 09:57AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 126 little donkey 09/17/2009 11:24AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 118 crued_girl 09/17/2009 11:42AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 122 Gaz 09/17/2009 12:03PM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 133 Kieran 09/17/2009 12:34PM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October128 Harv 09/17/2009 01:12PM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 114 Tom W 09/17/2009 01:24PM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 148 Davy (NI) 09/17/2009 05:39PM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 117 little donkey 09/17/2009 06:29PM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 147 Davy (NI) 09/18/2009 01:02AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 122 crued_girl 09/18/2009 03:40AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 111 kev d tonge 09/18/2009 03:58AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 115 Rondo (NI) 09/18/2009 07:14AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 114 little donkey 09/18/2009 08:39AM
Re: Y & T and Stormzone in Belfast 5th October 133 Davy (NI) 09/19/2009 07:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.