HARDLINE DVD - not what I expected......
Posted by: Catman ()
Date: April 03, 2005 01:16AM

Hi all,

Next to the good Honeymoon Suite DVD I got last month, I also acquired this one knowing that it received blended reviews...

I never expected to watch such a terrible poor show.... God, I'm an old Journey/ Schon/ Hardline/ Bad English/ Nelson/ Axel Rudi Pell fan and what I heard was unbelievable.... :((((
Johnny sings out of tune most of the time, some of the songs are not well coordinated when starting to play...the female choir (no comment) are simply invisible.....the mixing was poor to say something (did anybody heard Bob Rock's drumming ???)... and the other Gioeli bro is another put in the far background as a Harpo brother....Mr.Michael T Ross performance is not something to shake ground to say the least, where did he get those cheesy Triton sounds from his keyboard, I know the presets ones and are pretty good ?........ geez........

Now the good points.
The DVD is worth to see Mr.Ramos excellent guitar work, this guy deserved more recognition with any doubt or simply a high standing band to shine.
Johnny despite his average singing IMO, is a TERRIFIC showman carrying all the weight of the performance... it's a shame that he had to wait "10 fucking years" dixit to record a new Hardline album, very true Mr.Gioeli.
And of course the SONGS !!! these are still being GREAT compositions to my ears.
Frontiers deliver an immaculate video filming as usual with them and their professionalism is out of question.

Ok, I could do with all that crap, but to me the worst of all was the vibe of the concert...... Just have a look at the crowd in general, not at those female hanging out in the front..the people was quite compared to other concerts.

I'm sorry to share such bad comments with you dudes but I'm just a broken hearted Hardline fan...... There are things that should stay as they were IMO.....

Cheers,
Catman.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
HARDLINE DVD - not what I expected......203 Catman 04/03/2005 01:16AM
Re: HARDLINE DVD - not what I expected...... 119 Ste 04/03/2005 09:07AM
And.............................. 77 Gav1 04/03/2005 09:44AM
Explain how.... 89Camm04/03/2005 09:58AM
Re: Explain how.... 86 Gav1 04/03/2005 10:15AM
Here's how.... 83HOWIE04/03/2005 09:24PM
I Didn't know that.... 82 Catman 04/03/2005 11:26PM
Re: I Didn't know that.... 112Sammy04/04/2005 07:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.