One of My Local Indie Shops Is Closing
Posted by: Warrior21 ()
Date: June 24, 2021 06:29AM

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/local/middlesex-county/2021/06/21/vintage-vinyl-records-woodbridge-nj-closing-after-42-years/5296174001/

Been going to this store for well over 30 years, first having gone there to rent the Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult "Black & Blue" laserdisc so that my friend's Dad could burn us VHS copies. Am there usually once every 6 weeks or so, so this one stings. There is another independent that I go to regularly. That one I frequent and am able to plug a lot of holes in my collection for $2-3 per disc. Vintage Vinyl, though, has it all, all genres, a MASSIVE prog section (at least 10-12 Neal Morse releases, Terry!), lots of used and lots of new. They were mentioned the other day, I mean, hard to find places that have four new CD releases from The Donnas (now three... :-) ).

I met The Winery Dogs there, who did a meet and greet and in-store 3-song acoustic performance, and 2 1/2 years ago Steven Wilson did a signing there, as well. I still kick myself for not going to meet Geddy Lee there when he was promoting "My Favorite Headache".

I am going to miss this store tremendously. Part of me feels guilty for being so bummed about it, when I should be happy that the owners are closing it due to their retirement. They certainly deserve it.

Someone on social media suggested that Amoeba Music purchase it and open up an east coast operation, and I thought that was a fantastic idea.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
One of My Local Indie Shops Is Closing248 Warrior21 06/24/2021 06:29AM
Re: One of My Local Indie Shops Is Closing 137 RNRPREACHER1 06/24/2021 06:43AM
Re: One of My Local Indie Shops Is Closing 130 Terry K. 06/24/2021 07:02AM
Re: One of My Local Indie Shops Is Closing 128 RisingForce 06/24/2021 07:24AM
Re: One of My Local Indie Shops Is Closing 82 DDDYKI 06/24/2021 10:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.