100 songs
Posted by: illimey ()
Date: December 15, 2020 10:50AM

I was thinking a couple of days ago that I'd like to know what I'd come up with if I made a playlist of 100 songs. So, I had the bright idea of making a playlist of 100 songs in order to find out. However, I had to set some parameters, and here they are:

1. Compile, without any really careful thought, a list of 20 favorite artists (it is possible that this first version has some glaring absences)
2. Choose two albums from each artist's discography
3. Choose two songs from each of those albums
4. Finally, choose one song from each of 20 additional artists not already featured
5. Use all remaining maths skills to verify that this adds up to 100
6. Make a YouTube playlist!

There were a couple of tracks that aren't available, so I made substitutions when needed. Like I said, I may soon realize with utter horror that I forgot about 12 of my all time favorite bands. But anyway, I thought I'd share what I have achieved thus far.

TWENTY22TWENTY

This list entirely ignores my very large and loved 'Christian' music collection, so I do apologize but there's no Petra or Stryper included.
It also does not get as obscure as it very well could. For the most part, I have stuck with artists that at least a couple of other people have heard of.
Finally, very little of it is particularly relevant to MR as this site knows it - however it's all (nearly) melodic, and all rock (or something close to it). Titles are very strange sometimes.

I hope you enjoy either checking the resulting playlist out, or completely ignoring it. I don't mind either way - just enjoy it!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
100 songs289 illimey 12/15/2020 10:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.