RE: The Internet has saved "rock" music
Posted by: Nick ()
Date: December 15, 2000 10:26AM

I agree Rock has gone underground, but if you think that Canada has no Rock,you should try living in the UK. I visited Canada for the first time this year and heared more rock in two weeks on radio than I do in two years in the UK. As my wife said, "This is your record collection isn't it?".

I know it's all subjective but the truth of it is that there is good and bad in all kinds of music. AOR is going through a fallow period at the moment with what many would call pop and alternative acts recording "AOR" style songs in a different mainstream acts that incorporate the melodic rock ideal into certain songs \ albums. After all what really turned me on was a song well done, with a good performance.

Rock is not a lost cause, neither is it somthing we should push on others. The point is we listen to music that we enjoy. The musicians that make it hopefully make it because thay enjoy playing it (although talking to some musician friends money does come into the equation). In the end If we only have this board to speak through so what. We still have the music of the past, present and future that we know and love. Let's share it amongst each other and spread the word that way.
If it becomes popular to the masses again, then so be it. It won't be any better or guise. If any one wants proof try listening to this years Everclear, Tsar or Matchbox Twenty Cd's if you don't here echo's of Cheap Trick and 80's stlye Ballads ala Journey then I'd be surprised.

From recent discussions I know some of you may not like it, but alongside the underground (Vaughn, Danger Danger et.al. which I do like) there are more worse, and at the least i might be able to switch my radio on in the UK and hear a song that I like.

Sorry to get so evangelical but I guess as you get older you become a) more tolerent of others and b) more prone to drink induced rants.

signing off now.

Nick

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
rock music 116 matt 12/14/2000 10:53PM
The Internet has saved "rock" music 61 koogles 12/15/2000 01:10AM
RE: The Internet has saved "rock" music 86 alex siedler 12/15/2000 04:58AM
Koogles - Amen 67 RAMMY 12/15/2000 07:47AM
RE: The Internet has saved "rock" music75Nick12/15/2000 10:26AM
RE: The Internet has saved "rock" music 74Nick12/15/2000 10:32AM
Re: rock music 72 Robert Hoffin 03/03/2001 07:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.