RE: House of Lords: WHAT'S HAPPENED?
Posted by: Kieran ()
Date: December 14, 2000 07:41PM

To be honest , i doubt very much if Gregg or James were ever 'actually ' involved. It appears from where I am sitting the reunion thing was being driven by Michael Guy , Chuck Wright and Ken Mary. Neither James or Gregg were available for interviews (there are people out there who can attest to this!) giving the distinct impression that they were unconvinced from the beginning , not to mention Lanny Cordola lasted about 5 minutes before going on his merry way.The fact that Kalodner's Portrait are also in trouble may have had something to do with it , the band made no secret of the fact that they would have liked to be signed by him.Also , if like Giuffria , you were making mega bucks in big business , wheeling and dealing , would you be inclined to sit on a tour bus for 10 hours between gigs to get paid $20 a day expenses and play for between 300 / 500 people in a small club in the middle of nowhere (no disrespect intended to any of the bands that play clubs...I'm trying to draw a comparison)...yeah I know we would all do it........but Gregg did that for 20 years....hard to see him going back to it.I was really looking forward to it but seeing as it's not going to happen I am disappointed , but as with anything else you need a commitment from EVERYBODY and it looked as if that wasn't going to happen.......cheers.......Kieran
ps Michael Guy owning the name may have had something to do with it also......imagine forming a band, playing your ass off , releasing records and then having a non original member buy the name......must be hard to take for the original members to take.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
House of Lords: WHAT'S HAPPENED? 76 Pelpa 12/14/2000 10:30AM
RE: House of Lords: WHAT'S HAPPENED? 59John Q12/14/2000 12:56PM
RE: House of Lords: WHAT'S HAPPENED?61 Kieran 12/14/2000 07:41PM
RE: House of Lords: WHAT'S HAPPENED? 56JT12/14/2000 07:46PM
It will be explained.... 53 Andrew 12/14/2000 08:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.