RE: Comments on these obscure bands-Perfect Crime,
Posted by: ROCK OF NORWAY ()
Date: December 14, 2000 02:03AM

PERFECT CRIME ( Emi Norsk 1990 )
BLONDE ON BLONDE ( BLAZING RECORDS 1989 )

Perfect Crime was the same band as Blonde on Blonde whitout Chris Candy on Vocals.Both band are build around the female vocals of Bente Smaavik & Chris Candy who share on this job..Both are very hard to find these days.Blonde on Blonde was released under a small label called BLAZING RECORDS and a few copies where only released ,while PERFECT CRIME was released under The major company EMI.But here comes the strange thing about Perfect crime,you can find lot of the album on lp ,but they only released the cd in 1000 copies who mostly where sold localy and at concerts.

When the band after a very shortly time where asking for more copies from the record company .they got the answer that the band was no longer on their priotory list,that after according to Willy Wild Bendiksen have spent a fortune in promoting this band,it even had Don Airy ( Keyboards ) and Bernie marsden in the line up.Bernie as the producer and backing vocals.Musically they are a keyboard driven hardrock band,like Tindrum ( drums of war ) Laos ( we want it ) Witness and Saraya.Both album are very hard to find ,and you may have to pay a little ,but I will say well worth their money.Both band are from Norway.and this is the only albums they made..for more informations about norwegian band ,please fill free to send me a mail on tjh@rockofnorway.com or visit my website rockofnorway.com where you will read a lot about rare and unknown aor & melodic hardrock band.

When it comes to ANNICA ( Badly dreaming ),this is one is one of the rarest scandinavian cd release ever and are very sought after.To get this if you ever came over a copy ,you must prepare to pay a fortune ,see it goes for around $300 now.Musically she reminds me lot of my other comparisons
LAOS,TINDRUM,TC CROSS,SARAYA,WITNESS.... Annica came from Finland and was released under a small record company in 1988.When it comes to ANNICA i dont know so much about here,but maybe other on this board could tell you more.I dont know if she made more albums,maybe under another name ?

Cheers
rockofnorway.com
Terje.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Comments on these obscure bands-Perfect Crime, 79 Ocean 12/13/2000 05:46PM
RE: Comments on these obscure bands-Perfect Crime,87 ROCK OF NORWAY 12/14/2000 02:03AM
RE: Comments on these obscure bands-Perfect Crime, 67BUDDY RICH12/14/2000 05:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.