recent purchases...
Posted by: shawn pelata ()
Date: December 13, 2000 04:46AM

i picked up a few cd's in the last week or so...

toto - mindfields : the return of bobby kimball on lead vocals proves to be a killer move for toto! if you've EVER liked toto, get this record! good cross section between the "rosanna" and "fahrenheit" era's...

rush - grace under pressure (remaster) : haven't listened yet, but "distant early warning" is awesome!

zakk wylde - book of shadows : like acoustic based, southern tinged, modern rock. equal doses of allman brothers and soundgarden. cool stuff...

glenn hughes - return of the crystal karma : wow! i love this guys voice!!! the vocals and the music sound like some sort of unholy union between deep purple and stevie wonder! 70's styled purple mixed with funk! killer!! came with a bonus disc of live material from the hughes/thrall and sabbath days...

kip winger - thisconversationseemslikeadream : kip is a skillful writer/composer schooled in classical and jazz music, and it shows on this record...imagine a slightly more "rock" version of sting...cool string arrangements...

early christmas for me...:-)

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
recent purchases...56 shawn pelata 12/13/2000 04:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.