Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: All 3 days...
Posted by: Shade ()
Date: May 05, 2014 07:23AM

Just got back from Italy about 3 hours ago! ( Had a complete STOP near Como on the highway with a U-TURN ON the highway for 2 kms in the opposite direction => delay 3 hours...)

Anyway, that was indeed an awesome weekend!

Highlights for me were Eclipse, Stryper, Winger and Night Ranger
with W.E.T. and Danger Danger following pretty close.

To answer the question: Up to the headliners everybody was using the same drum-kit, that I believe could be part of the (not so big) delay of the running order. Plus Stryper being the professionals doing their soundcheck themselves, which in my opinion was just right as they probably had the best sound of the whole festival!

Finally I saw a headline show of STRYPER and songs they couldnt play in a 60 minutes festival set and two covers (one too much imho) that EVERYBODY knew. Goosebumbs from the Intro/Sing-A-Long Song until the end. Was that a tear in my eye from joy, yes it was!
(Stryper having the most shirts by a long run in the audience)

Julio pretty much summarized the whole thing quite accurate (PS: That punk kid was Keri Kelly playing guitar for John Waite... ;-)
besides Friday (esp. Hardline) being WAY too loud with a bass too dominant in the mix, until Styper went on and the sound was better.

WINGER totally blew me away and that guitar stand-in was an absolute pro! even playing solos! Kip introduced him (during a song) so couldnt understand the name... ?!?

Just when I thought Night Ranger would be having difficulties after that they had not and played a absolute amazing set.
( I only saw NR playing headline once and that was 1984 in NYC and to see them 30 years and still delivering was such a great thing!!!)

Very cool audience - about 800 (Thursday/Friday) to 1200 (Saturday) people with I believe being half Italian / half from abroad with the British about 200 and the German section about 150 persons, I would estimate. (?)
Peaceful festival. Crap food at the venue, good restaurants in Bergamo or Trezzo. NO controls at all (could have bring a knife or gun into the venue). Beer price 5 Euro (0,4 l)!

My only complain again is, wether it may be Germany or Italy or whereever: TOO MANY F**ING IDIOTS FILMING WITH THEIR i_PONES or even F***ING I-Pads (!) blocking the sight to the stage for the people behind them. ( and then checking pictures instead of watching the show... WTF)

PS: What I hear is next year will be 2 days (in Italy).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 08:22AM by Shade.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Frontiers Rock Festival: Day 3 455 juliocruz 05/04/2014 09:11AM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: All 3 days...237 Shade 05/05/2014 07:23AM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: All 3 days... 229 electricgypsy 05/05/2014 08:01AM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: All 3 days... 206 Shade 05/05/2014 09:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.