Frontiers Rock Festival: Day 3
Posted by: juliocruz ()
Date: May 04, 2014 09:11AM

Opening band Crazy Lixx played a good set and there were notably more people on day 3 than on the 2 previous days. The songs from Crazy Lixx's 1st album ("Blame It On Love" and "21 Till I Die") got the best reception.

I enjoyed Issa's set. She has a good voice and a very good backing band. My favourite songs were "Angels Crying" and "I'm Alive" from her first album.

The last time I saw JSS I was a bit disappointed, so at first I wanted to skip this show. I'm so glad I didn't do that, because JSS was great. He started with a heavy song, but then he played mainly AOR songs of which I liked "Look Inside Your Heart" and "Eyes Of Love" the best. JSS ended the show with a fantastic Talisman medley of about 8 songs, ending with the great "I'll Be Waiting". Great show.

Then John Waite took the stage and he started with a very patchy version of "Change". His band looked like a punk band and I was not impressed with them. "When I See you Smile" and "Everytime I Think Of You" did not sound very good either, so it was becoming a very disappointing show for me. Fortunately "The Best Of What I Got" and "Missing You" sounded pretty good, but all in all it was not a very good show.

Danger Danger delivered as they always do, starting with "Rock America" and ending with "Naughty Naughty". During "I Still Think About You" Jeff Poley went into the audience, which everyone loved. Very good show.

As I don't like Winger's albums since "In The Heart Of The Young" I decided to take my dinner break and rest my back, which was killing me after 3 days standing. When I returned I caught the last 3 songs of Winger's set "EZ Come EZ Go", "You Are The Saint, I Am The Sinner" and the inevitable "Seventeen". The audience were really into them by the sound of it.

Night Ranger was the band of the day and weekend for me. It was the first I ever saw them and they played great with an enormous amount of energy. After starting with "Touch Of Madness" and "Sing Me Away", they also played a few newer songs with "Lay It On Me" and the totally new "High Road". The 2 Damn Yankees singles ("Coming Of Age" and "Can You Take Me High Enough") got a great reception. "The Secret Of My Success" was a highlight for me, as was "Four In The Morning", but my absolute favourite song was "Don't Tell Me You Love Me". After that one, they finished the set with "Sister Christian" and "Rock In America".

All in all a great weekend and I hope this will become an annual event, now that the great Firefest unfortunately will stop after this year. My favourite bands were: Night Ranger, Jeff Scott Soto, L.R.S. and W.E.T.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Frontiers Rock Festival: Day 3424 juliocruz 05/04/2014 09:11AM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: All 3 days... 224 Shade 05/05/2014 07:23AM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: All 3 days... 210 electricgypsy 05/05/2014 08:01AM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: All 3 days... 190 Shade 05/05/2014 09:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.