Frontiers Rock Festival: Day 2
Posted by: juliocruz ()
Date: May 03, 2014 08:20PM

The female singer of opening band Adrenaline Rush was great to look at (a beautiful girl performing with not many clothes on), but she isn't a very good singer. They didn't play any memorable songs, but I have never seen people taking so many pictures.

Moonland also has a female singer (Lenna) and visually she was the opposite of Adrenaline Rush's singer. Lenna performed with glasses on in a simple black sweather, but she has a great voice. Besides that, the songs of Moonland were much better, especially the ones that were written by Alexandro del Vecchio and Pierpaolo Zorro Monti. I really enjoyed this show.

L.R.S. were the band of the day for me. Tommy LaVerdi sang fantastic, what an amazing singer he still is. "Universal Cry" is my favourite song of the weekend until now. L.R.S. played 4 songs of their debut album and closed with a medly of The Storm (I've Got A Lot To Learn About Love), Von Groove (Once Is Not Enough) and 21 Guns (Knee Deep). The only thing that bugged me a bit is that LaVerdi didn't know the words of "I've Got A Lot To Know About Love". I know some people think it's cool to say they don't remember the words of a song, but I think it's unprofessional when you had so much time to prepare for a show. Still, a great performance of L.R.S. and I think LaVerdi will turn out to be the best singer of the entire weekend.

Eclipse had sound problems (Erik's voice too low in the mix), but I still enjoyed their show. They really got the audience behind them and my favourite songs were "Bleed and Scream" and "S.O.S." They played a few heavier songs like "Under The Gun", where I would have preferred songs like "How To Mend A Broken Heart". Very good show though.

I didn't see Red Dragon Cartel, as that was my dinner break.

Pretty Maids again had sound problems, because Ronnie Atkins' voice was far too low in the mix. Sometimes you couldn't even hear him. Because of that I went to the back and there you could hear him a little bit better. Pretty Maids played a very heavy set, where I would have preferred more melodic songs like "Hell On High Heels", which they unfortunately didn't play. Highlight for me was "Little Drops Of Heaven". Good show, but could have been better with a more melodic setlist.

I had never seen a Stryper show before, but their show was good. They had a very good sound and Michael Sweet still is a great singer. The best songs were at the end with "Soldiers Under Command" and "To Hell With The Devil".

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Frontiers Rock Festival: Day 2678 juliocruz 05/03/2014 08:20PM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: Day 2 456 Ydde 05/03/2014 08:33PM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: Day 2 447 Kent Bates 05/03/2014 09:33PM
Re: Frontiers Rock Festival: Day 2 265 DaveP 05/04/2014 06:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.