Re: Frontiers Fest?
Posted by: DaveP ()
Date: May 02, 2014 09:15PM

I am at the festival at the moment.

Excellent live venue with a good stage setup. The weather was great yesterday as well which always helps.

I didn't see state of Salazar so cannot comment. I saw dalton and like the last time I saw them I was underwhelmed. Did a job basically.

Three lions I knew nothing off other than Vigny burns was the guitarist. Played about six songs Of which about 3 stood out for me. Enjoyed the set though.

Snake charmer I didn't see much off and to be honest they sounded ok fitting in the blues cock rock genre a la white snake.

WET amid technical issues played a storming set. They focused on the second album for first half finishing off with the first. JSS said he was jet lagged but he gave a really energetic performance as did the rest. Umpteenth time I have seen them and never disappoint.

Hardline I was not sure off. For me double eclipse is an all time classic album but I was a little disappointed when I saw them at Firefest last year. Have to say joey was in great voice and throwing himself around stage. The sound was much better than in WETs set and the band played six songs from the debut. Great set ( even more so if they had dropped the keyboard and drum solos)

Tesla were the band of the night. Amazing songs and a very professional outfit. Highlights were lovesong and into the now for me. Modern day cowboy is one of my all time favourite songs and was the highlight of the day for me.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Frontiers Fest? 604 cookie 05/02/2014 08:52PM
Re: Frontiers Fest? 457 arpatterson 05/02/2014 09:10PM
Re: Frontiers Fest?449 DaveP 05/02/2014 09:15PM
Re: Frontiers Fest? 411 electricgypsy 05/02/2014 10:01PM
Re: Frontiers Fest? 370 Daredevil 05/02/2014 10:29PM
Re: Frontiers Fest? 328 Woody 05/03/2014 12:57AM
Re: Frontiers Fest? 285 juliocruz 05/03/2014 08:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.