Re: H.E.A.T - Live Acoustic And Interview
Posted by: tts42572 ()
Date: May 01, 2014 02:50AM

I agree...

Erik has really gotten it together since he joined the band....his voice was always there...But I like the way his image has evolved also. Hard to explain...But he just sorta "looks the part" to me and sorta fits the music.

I've tried many times to get into some of the earlier stuff with Kenny...And just haven't been able to. He was a good signer...But just a little too mellow sounding for my taste. And his look was sorta out of the band "38 Special" IMO.

Personally, I just could not see Kenny "singing" many of the songs on ATN and especially TDTW...Frankly, I don't even think they would've attempted to record some of the songs they have on the past two albums if Kenny were still fronting the band...Songs like Breaking the Silence, It's About Tonight, Inferno, Enemy in Me to name a few...just cannot picture Kenny doing those songs in any shape or form.

In my opinion, Erik has a ton to do with the direction the band has went on ATN and TDTW and I think Tobias has played to his strengths brilliantly with the production of the last two albums.

I know some liked Kenny...And may not care for Erik. All depends on where your tastes lie...But, I'm loving what they've done with Erik. Heck, I even like the older songs live when Erik does them...Sorta wish they would re-record some of them.

Tom G Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love Erik's voice.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
H.E.A.T - Live Acoustic And Interview 338 MB 04/30/2014 11:33PM
Re: H.E.A.T - Live Acoustic And Interview 184 Tom G 05/01/2014 12:43AM
Re: H.E.A.T - Live Acoustic And Interview170 tts42572 05/01/2014 02:50AM
Re: H.E.A.T - Live Acoustic And Interview 180 Walk In The Shadows 05/01/2014 03:07AM
Re: H.E.A.T - Live Acoustic And Interview 165 RAMSAY 05/01/2014 06:00AM
Re: H.E.A.T - Live Acoustic And Interview 147 jaysw 05/01/2014 07:16AM
Re: H.E.A.T - Live Acoustic And Interview 134 Red 05/01/2014 05:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.