I've Listened To The New H.E.A.T Album A Few Times And Feel That....
Posted by: RAMSAY ()
Date: February 26, 2014 07:22PM

....if Address The Nation was their Slippery When Wet, Tearing Down The Walls is definitely their New Jersey.

Whereas the awesome Address... had more of a pop flavour and familiar song structures - with the odd curveball - Tearing Down The Walls is tougher, darker, moodier and rocks harder. The songs also don't follow formula as strictly and have a few surprising elements too. There's even a slight Dream Theater feel within a few seconds of one track!

The only song that doesn't work for me is All The Nights. It's a really sparse ballad with just piano, strings and vocals. It feels like something that should be on a Gronwall solo album and temporarily cuts the momentum. It's a good song, but doesn't belong on this record.

It's still too early to say which I prefer as I love both albums, but do feel the Bon Jovi metaphor is pretty apt.

----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm anaspeptic, frasmodic even compunctious to have caused you such perricombobulations."

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
I've Listened To The New H.E.A.T Album A Few Times And Feel That....842 RAMSAY 02/26/2014 07:22PM
Re: I've Listened To The New H.E.A.T Album A Few Times And Feel That.... 414 rinkytink 02/26/2014 09:51PM
Re: I've Listened To The New H.E.A.T Album A Few Times And Feel That.... 185 Ydde 02/27/2014 06:43PM
Re: I've Listened To The New H.E.A.T Album A Few Times And Feel That.... 466 Andrew 02/26/2014 10:22PM
Re: I've Listened To The New H.E.A.T Album A Few Times And Feel That.... 369 shunpiker 02/26/2014 10:54PM
Re: I've Listened To The New H.E.A.T Album A Few Times And Feel That.... 266 marke63 02/27/2014 05:46AM
Re: I've Listened To The New H.E.A.T Album A Few Times And Feel That.... 99 Gav1 03/01/2014 08:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.