Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this
Posted by: kaneudeck ()
Date: January 29, 2014 07:38AM

It is such a mixed bag. We here on this sight are the exception, not the rule. We are the hardcore, die hard rock music fans, that seek out music that is candy to our ears, regardless of its popularity. That is not the norm. Most people need to hear something that they are told is the next big thing before they like it. We are also set in our old time ways, at least I am. I rarely listen to radio, because I don't like what is popular today. Therefore more than ever, an award show like the Grammys are more nausiating than ever. We also have access to new music and old, more than every before. The same media that has almost ruined the music industry (internet) as we knew it, has also brought great bands like Gotthard and Harem Scarem to my home, that never would have found its way, I have rediscovered artists like JSS and Danny Vaughn that I thought had disappeared or died. It has also been instrumental in the destruction of the mighty record industry that not only gave us the rock scene that we grew up loving, but also exploited, and ripped off countless artists and musicians. Now both the artists and the record companies are hurting, if not starving, and closing their doors. The only way for most rock bands to make money is to become road warriors and earn their way into the hearts of fans (like Halestorm and Shinedown) that can scrape up enough money in these difficult times to go see bands live. I think most of the younger generation are happy just listening to what they like on their computer, or youtube, rather than go see them live. I have seen some young bands, that were so horrible live, mostly because I don't think they have been out of their bedroom long enough to see how a real band performs. When I was young, it took real effort to be a big music fan. I road my bike up to buy albums, and buy magazines, to learn about new bands. Often I had to purchase music to see if I was going to like it, and to do that I actually had to work and earn money. It has become so easy these days, it's available at everyones fingertips, and the enthusiasm has slowly died, and the youngsters have become lazy. Music will never die, but the industry we grew up with has. There must be creative ideas to breath life back into the industry for it ever to become even a shadow of what it once was. All these changes have been both a blessing and a curse for fans and artists. But music will survive.

Looking back I guess I have always had a song running through my head, maybe I never had a choice. Every drop of blood, every bitter tear, every bead of sweat, I live for this!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 748 MSL 01/29/2014 05:06AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 397 jbjrsdc 01/29/2014 06:17AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 359 Pelata 01/29/2014 06:20AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 300 jbjrsdc 01/29/2014 07:03AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 299 Border Rat 01/29/2014 06:47AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 147 mikewonch 01/30/2014 03:59AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this324 kaneudeck 01/29/2014 07:38AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 348 Andrew 01/29/2014 11:36AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 276 Ross S. 01/29/2014 01:58PM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 153 mikewonch 01/30/2014 04:00AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 191 matt 01/29/2014 10:10PM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 260 Wardy 01/29/2014 08:05AM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 222 Addyeddy 01/29/2014 07:02PM
Re: 'Is rock dying'? (probably not), but see what you make of this 146 Brett5150 01/31/2014 11:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.