Re: Q for Laurent
Posted by: Laurent ()
Date: December 15, 2013 04:05PM

JMac,

All of Ramsay's recommendations are great. There are currently tons of blues rock artists. Very few though with AOR influences with maybe the early / mid 80's albums from Southern Rock bands like Blackfoot, Molly Hatchet, Van Zant, etc. that tried to blend AOR into their music. The only one I found to be good is Blackfoot's "Siogo". The Van Zant album from 1985 is pure AOR.

A very good melodic hard rock band with huge blues influences, and possibly a light touch of AOR, would be Gotthard. I love the first album and to this day, think it is their best. Many here feel that "Lipservice" is their masterpiece, which it can be if you prefer AOR to hard rock.

Saint Jude is a great blues hard rock band in the tradition of Faces and co. Led by a great female singer.

Walter Trout is a personal favourite of mine. You cannot go wrong with him.

I am not a big Joe Bonnamassa fan, but I highly recommend his two albums with the amazing Beth Hart.

Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks (husband & wife) either on their own, or together are great.

There is a new breed of youngsters playing the blues, of which quite a few females (Samantha Fish, Joanne Taylor Shaw).

In a blues hard rock vein, bands like early Whitesnake, Tesla, Badlands, Rough Cutt, Cry Love, are all blues influenced.

Jonny Lang is great. Any of his albums.

The first Shannon Curfman record was excellent too. I lost touch with her music after that, but she is still going strong. She was 14 when she recorded her first album!

Paul Shortino & The Rhythm Junkies' "Stand Or Fall" is a great record. Check it out. In my views, Shortino best album by far. Of course, it is totally different than what he is mostly known for.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Q for Laurent 281 JMac 12/13/2013 06:28AM
Re: Q for Laurent 175 RAMSAY 12/13/2013 07:03AM
Re: Q for Laurent 77 Snake65 12/15/2013 06:32AM
Re: Q for Laurent90 Laurent 12/15/2013 04:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.