Re: Q for Laurent
Posted by: RAMSAY ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:03AM

I'll help if I may. With regards one with a melodic bent, might I first suggest Simon McBride's Crossing The Line:

SIMON MCBRIDE - NO ROOM TO BREATHE

A good entry point will definitely be Gary Moore, and his blues masterpiece Still Got The Blues. It's high octane blues played with the blistering intensity of a hard rock album and with amazing guitar work throughout. Which is pretty much a given with Gary!

GARY MOORE - WALKING BY MYSELF

One of my all time favourites is Stevie Ray Vaughan's In Step. He'd always been a brilliant guitarist, but on this album his voice and song writing caught up with his fretwork. I consider it the most perfect album of blues-rock soloing ever, without a single note wasted, and him the greatest blues-rock player of all time.

STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN - CROSSFIRE

Then there's early Walter Trout. As time has gone by Walter has become a more out and out blues musician, but in his early days it was more blues rock with lots of melody. The two albums I'd suggest from that period are Transition and Breaking The Rules. Check out this song for a gorgeous chorus:

WALTER TROUT - UNDER MY SKIN

And there's a certain character called Bonamassa too, who you may have heard of:

JOE BONAMASSA - THE BALLAD OF JOHN HENRY

Most of this is more blues-rock centric as per your request, but if you want some more all out blues I'd be happy to oblige :-))

----------------------------------------------------------

"Am I right, Justin?"

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Q for Laurent 323 JMac 12/13/2013 06:28AM
Re: Q for Laurent209 RAMSAY 12/13/2013 07:03AM
Re: Q for Laurent 108 Snake65 12/15/2013 06:32AM
Re: Q for Laurent 119 Laurent 12/15/2013 04:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.