Reacquainting myself with the "blind taste test"
Posted by: Signal Fan ()
Date: December 10, 2013 02:26AM

A number of years back (perhaps 7), a fellow Melodic Rock fan and I would make MR mix discs (at least 4 per shipment) and NOT include a track list. The goal was to expose "the other bloke" to some great music. In many cases, a great track happened to be a well-chosen random track on a CD that we already had in our collection, but did not immediately recognize. Of course, the ULTIMATE goal was to expose your mate to a new (or classic) band/artist that he never heard.

As the years past, these mix discs got cast aside in some random CD zippered-folder that I recently RE-discovered and that ol' joy of "the blind taste test" has returned, for hearing every random song (20 or more per disc) is similar to opening Christmas gifts. The "key to discovery" is to put the disc into a normal CD player that does not display the track listing as a computer will. I just make a note of each track that knocks me out, then put the disc into my PC to look at a track list, AFTER the fact. Talk about loads of fun with random moments that leave me feeling chuffed to bits!!!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Reacquainting myself with the "blind taste test"284 Signal Fan 12/10/2013 02:26AM
Re: Reacquainting myself with the "blind taste test" 136 Wardy 12/10/2013 07:21AM
Re: Reacquainting myself with the "blind taste test" 128 pjs 12/10/2013 09:06AM
Re: Reacquainting myself with the "blind taste test" 64 Benno 12/11/2013 02:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.