RE: Boulevard & Prism...
Posted by: Don ()
Date: December 06, 2000 09:51AM

Like Tom said, these guys have two albums out. I stumbled across their 2nd one ("Into the Streets") first and was immediately hooked. It took a few listens for me to get into the 1st one, which is just called "Blvd." Again, as Tom has pointed out, it was much lighter/poppier. It also doesn't have any of what I would consider "standout" tracks. "Into the Street," on the other hand, is solid through and through and contains several standout tracks, IMO. It's gonna remain on my "Top 10 AOR albums of all time" list for quite some time, I suspect.

As for Prism, they have released one album with Darcy on vocals. It's called...hmmm.....d@mn, its title has escaped me right now. I'll look it up and post it when I get home from work. I remember it as being a very unusual album. Not at all like the track ("It's Good To Be Back") on the Prism compilation I sent you (the same one I'm holding for Jack, wherever he may be...Are you out there Jack?!?!). I was completely floored (and not in a good way) during my first 6-7 spins of that disc. It was just such a departure, IMO, from the very cool "It's Good To Be Back" track. It seemed far more experimental and, if I remember correctly, somewhat inconsistent. It wasn't at all what I expected from either Prism or from Darcy. I was very hopeful when I discovered that he had been recruited as their vocalist after Ron Tabak died. I used to see his former band, Simon Kaos every chance I had when I was living on Vancouver Island. They were a fantastic band, IMO. Their sets used to be heavily laden with well-chosen gems by all the classics: Journey, Foreigner, Prism (ironic, eh?), Honeymoon Suite, Loverboy, Boston, Aerosmith, etc. Furthermore, their originals were often just as good as the covers they did. I remember one track in particular that they performed in a "Battle of the Bands" contest. It was called "Dirty Dreams" and I still wish to this day that I had it on tape or something. Anyways, enough reminiscing. If you want to hear the Prism album with Darcy, just let me know. If you're expecting it to sound anything like "It's Good To Be Back," though, you're in for a disappointment.
Cheers
Don (MooseMan)

p.s. - For any AOR fans out there who haven't heard Prism, you really do owe it to yourself to get a copy of their "Over 60 Minutes With Prism" compilation. It's an amazing compilation by a wonderful band that shared the Canadian airwaves with the likes of Journey, Styx, Foreigner, Survivor, etc. during AOR's heyday. And IMO, they're every bit as good as any of those bands, with the exception of Journey.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
To the mooseman.........you know who you are...... 122 Mats 12/05/2000 07:49PM
Sorry to butt in, Mats... 79 Tom Krupa 12/06/2000 12:10AM
RE: Boulevard & Prism...94 Don 12/06/2000 09:51AM
RE: The Moose is Loose... 66 Don 12/06/2000 10:04AM
Red herrings 80 koogles 12/07/2000 01:23AM
RE: I don't know if this qualifies... 67 Don 12/07/2000 04:46AM
Prism with Darcy 81 koogles 12/06/2000 12:52AM
RE: Prism with Darcy 98 KAOS FAN 12/06/2000 03:05PM
RE: Darcy... 76 Don 12/06/2000 04:36PM
RE: Darcy... 95 Phil 12/07/2000 03:03AM
RE: Thanks for the info., Phil!! 68 Don 12/07/2000 04:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.