My chat with Vivian Campbell!
Posted by: Irwin m fletcher ()
Date: November 21, 2013 07:35PM

I forgot to tell this story! Viv was here in Glasgow on a short UK tour with LAST IN LINE back in August and there stop here in Glasgow was the famous Cathouse! I actually couldn't go to the concert due to nightime commitments (still pissed about that) but I had to be in Glasgow during the day for a message. Anyways...I was on Union Street (Cathouse is here) during the day and remembered that LAST IN LINE were playing later that evening (this was around 2pm) and thought how cool it would be to bump into Vivian as I am a DIO fan, but more importantly for me, im a huge DEF LEPPARD fan! I have met Vivian, Phil and Joe before though. So im walking down the street and Vivian gets out a van right in front of my eyes!!! I wasted no time in shouting on him and he came over and shook my hand and started talking about Leppard, Cancer, Coffee (lol), all things but DIO! I asked him how Vegas was and he said it was great! I told him how I loved and still love SLANG and he said it is due out on a 2cd remastered set soon! Andy Freeman (vocals) came over and also had a short chat and was a super nice guy! He used to sing with LYNCH MOB a few years back. Jimmy Bain and Vinny Appice were floating about but I never chatted to them. I did ask Vivian if Leppard would do Viva Hysteria here in the UK but he said it was up to Joe! He also said he was dying to do a new Leppard album asap. I mentioned how I was fed up hearing the same old same old at Leppard concerts (in a joking manner) and how I would love to hear rarities from Slang and Euphoria and he told me 'probably never, you are in the minority (which I knew anyways). Everyone wants to hear Sugar, Rocket, Photograph etc. Viv was looking tired as to be expected with his illness but still stood and had a chat. I ended up taking Vivian, Andy and Claude to the nearest Coffee stop as Vivian had forgotten his way about in Glasgow. He did mention something about a great gig he done with Dio in Edinburgh? back in the 80s! A great way to spend the best part of an hour! I wish I had taken some Leppard cds to ask Vivian to sign but meeting him again wasn't on my agenda! I did get a photograph with him though! Just wish I had seen the concert because online clips looked great and I believe the guys kicked ass! Vivian said they would be back though and told me not to miss the next time they were in Glasgow! Awesum!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
My chat with Vivian Campbell!477 Irwin m fletcher 11/21/2013 07:35PM
Re: My chat with Vivian Campbell! 313 Steve_Roamer 11/21/2013 08:15PM
Re: My chat with Vivian Campbell! 95 NIK WILSON 11/24/2013 08:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.