Re: Fun On Earth
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 17, 2013 12:14AM

Yeah, I really don't care how much it rocks ... I have always enjoyed Roger's material and one of his strengths is how he can go from loud and fast to soft and sweet and I love it all. The fact that he's so eclectic is what makes it good. I don't need The Lot because I literally own every CD and single he's ever done, so I already basically have the lot! It's just the new one that I need.

I think what's bothering me here is something we've all discussed at length at this board, and that's people stealing music through illegal downloads. On one hand, the record companies rant that people are ripping them off, while on the other hand, an album like this comes out and I have the money in hand but the company won't even LET ME spend my money because I live in the wrong country! In this day and age, is there really such thing as a "UK release" only? If they released it worldwide on Amazon and iTunes, people would buy it worldwide. By releasing it only in one location, they're basically inviting people to steal the music from others.

Having said all of that, it looks like paying about $20 at the Queen site and having it imported will be my cheapest alternative. I just don't like buying CDs anymore because I don't know what to do with them once I've put the songs on my computer - feels so wasteful. Still can't wait to hear this album!!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Fun On Earth 361 Dan 11/16/2013 01:44PM
Re: Fun On Earth 218 froggy 11/16/2013 05:56PM
Re: Fun On Earth 201 karl 11/16/2013 08:11PM
The Lot Box Set (Roger Taylor) 369 malice 11/16/2013 08:18PM
Re: Fun On Earth 195 malice 11/16/2013 08:15PM
Re: Fun On Earth 170 Tom G 11/16/2013 11:50PM
Re: Fun On Earth177 Dan 11/17/2013 12:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.