Imperial State Electric - Pop War (2012)
Posted by: JackCane ()
Date: November 12, 2013 09:59PM

A work colleague brought in an album for me to listen to yesterday & this morning after listening (3 times on repeat) I`m blown away at how good this is, The band are Imperial State Electric & feature Hellacopters mainman Nicke Andersson, imagine if you can an album that borrows all the best bits from bands such as Alice Cooper, Sweet, Ted Nugent, Kiss, Thin Lizzy, ELO, Beatles, Cheap Trick, Hanoi Rocks
yet never seems forced, tired or dated & also like the old days is over in under 40 mins that’s what you get from “Pop War”(2012) this is authentic sounding 70`s Classic/Glam Rock meets late 70`s Pop/Punk, wait til you hear the intro to Narrow Line, it`s a dead ringer for The Sweet’s - Teenage Rampage

Somebody over at hardrockhaven said that this album sounded like a long lost collaboration between Rick Nielsen, Paul Stanley and Bob Ezrin & that’s very true, if you’ve ever enjoyed any of the above bands over the last 40yrs or so you owe it to yourself to check this out & the good news is there is a new release on the horizon (Nov 29th) “Reptile Music” & if the lead single is anything to go by it`s gonna be another belter, check out the Alice Cooper – You Drive Me Nervous inspired Reptile Brain below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00viDEzSYZA

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Imperial State Electric - Pop War (2012)215 JackCane 11/12/2013 09:59PM
Re: Imperial State Electric - Pop War (2012) 119 RAB 11/12/2013 10:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.