Firefest...Friday bands..
Posted by: Russ ()
Date: October 26, 2013 10:50AM

I will try and do Sat and Sun over the weekend.

FRIDAY

The Magnificent

Because of queuing issues (and it was fab there was such a huge queue) I only got in there for the last three songs. They sounded excellent and the place was ridiculously packed. Holding Onto Your Love was an amazing ending.

Eden's Curse

Let's get the downside out of the way. The sound wasn't perfect for them, particularly the fact that Nico's vocals were way too low in the mix. But given everything that's happened, it was a superb set. Both I and the people I was with know Mr Logue from times past and so it was like watching your mate up on stage. You wanted them to do well and he and the band totally delivered and I am delighted for them.

Work Of Art

They've gone down wonderfully well at the last two Firefests and the guy is a wonderful singer. But I just find them a little soft and powder puff somehow. I can enjoy them without being blown away...at the back and enjoying a beer....

W.E.T.

I know this is sacrilege but I've never been a big JSS fan but W.E.T. is easily the best thing he's done for me and this was a fantastic performance. The band massively benefited from having two albums worth of material to choose from, which meant this year's set was miles better than last year. Brothers In Arms is still their best track by miles and it was a great performance.

Dare

It can go one of two ways for most people - as in "how much Celtic pish will they do?" But actually this set was brilliantly judged. Started with Wings Of Fire and We Don't Need A Reason from Blood From Stone (wow!) then four from the "Celtic" albums (Silent Thunder, Sea Of Roses, Beneath The Shining Water and one other) then four from Out Of The Silence. I would have chosen different songs from the Celtic stuff....Dreams On Fire for instance...but apart from that Dare were utterly on form and they were a highlight of the weekend and would have been the best band of Friday for me but for..............

Harem Scarem

Will they care? Will they look interested? What's the point in reforming if they don't? After previously disappointing Firefest performances, thankfully we got the real Harem Scarem this time! And god did we! By miles their best performances at FF, they not only looked like they were enjoying themselves this time, they totally owned the stage. Thank you Harry and Pete, I can't stop listening to the cds now :-) Superb performance, the whole of Mood Swings, "Karma Cleansing", "Hard To Love", "Dagger"...a real highlight :-) Scarem utterly rocked!!!

"With eyes that are swollen and tearful, we all take a bow
It passes the time for a moment but what happens now?"

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Firefest...Friday bands..584 Russ 10/26/2013 10:50AM
Re: Firefest...Friday bands.. 313 pjs 10/26/2013 05:43PM
Re: Firefest...Friday bands.. 271 Russ 10/26/2013 08:52PM
Re: Firefest...Friday bands.. 241 pjs 10/26/2013 10:45PM
Re: Firefest...Friday bands.. 281 MIKE 10/26/2013 06:31PM
Re: Firefest...Friday bands.. 258 mick2112 10/26/2013 08:14PM
Re: Firefest...Friday bands.. 231 Russ 10/26/2013 09:00PM
Re: Firefest...Friday bands.. 66 Dean 10/29/2013 07:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.