MRF lessons
Posted by: Honestabe30 ()
Date: October 23, 2013 07:26AM

So Andrew is always mentioning that he learns lessons after each of these MRFs. Got me thinking that I learned a few personal lessons this year...thought I'd start a thread, curious if anyone else learned anything for next time. All in fun of course...

Lesson 1) Eat! - Yeah, I flew in on Friday morning, had a little breakfast at the airport and as of 8pm hadn't eaten anything else all day. Got so caught up in live music and the various vendors on offer. As a result, by the time I stepped out to get a bite in the front area, I had a splitting headache. Which leads to lesson 2...

Lesson 2) bring aspirin to the venue! - Eating didn't relieve the headache so I had to go back to the hotel to take an aspirin and shut my eyes for a bit. Missed part of Glen Burtnik and most of Kelly Keeling because of that. Which I regretted...

Lesson 3) bring cash! Most of the vendors selling merchandise did not accept credit/debit cards. I think only Kivel and Impulse did. So I used the HOME bar's ATM several times and got the fees to go with it.

Lesson 4) BYOS - bring your own sharpies! Often, when I'd catch up with an artist and ask them to sign something, they did not have a Sharpie on them. Which led to Pete Newdeck signing my Tainted Nation and Newman CD covers in pen. And I borrowed a fairly used up Sharpie from someone else when I finally tracked down JSS, so his signature is barely visible.

So anyone else learn anything for next time? :-)

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
MRF lessons305 Honestabe30 10/23/2013 07:26AM
Re: MRF lessons 147 Wardy 10/23/2013 05:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.