Alterbridge/Shinedown/Halestorm - Glasgow Hydro
Posted by: totobob ()
Date: October 23, 2013 12:16AM

I just got back from hols yesterday morning and due to bad planning didn't realise I was going to a gig the night I returned. So turned up at the gig last night feeling totally shattered. So to be honest I wasn't looking forward to the gig, particularly as I said I would never go back to see Shinedown again.
To start with, the new Hydro is absolutely superb and a wonderful music venue. Only problem was that the seating areas were rather far back but still provided a fantastic view of the stage albeit from a distance. The sound for each of the bands was also superb.
First time I have seen Halestorm and they performed well. I know I may take pelters for this but as a support band they worked well, as a headline I would find it extremely hard to put up with Lzzy's screaches for a full show. In saying that, she was excellent when she joined Mr Kennedy on stage later on for a duet. 7/10
I swore I would never go back to see Shinedown after the last time I saw them two years ago, when Brent Smith subjected us to an endless sermon. Well I am so glad I relented. Last night I have to say Shinedown were superb. Just the right amount of chat and audience participation combined with a fantastic setlist. Only blemish for me was the last song, Bully, which just sounded awful and the vocals totally out of key. 8/10
Alterbridge were also superb and had the crowd eating out of their hands from the start. What a superb frontman Myles Kennedy has become. I just find a couple of their songs to be dull and occasionally found myself drawn to the extensive moshing going on in the standing areas. This is why I would also give them 8/10. In the main though they were excellent and Blackbird was worth the admission price alone.
Thoroughly enjoyed last night and so glad me and my two girls made the effort.. Done a power of sleeping today though.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Alterbridge/Shinedown/Halestorm - Glasgow Hydro253 totobob 10/23/2013 12:16AM
Re: Alterbridge/Shinedown/Halestorm - Glasgow Hydro 67 Gill 10/24/2013 07:17AM
Re: Alterbridge/Shinedown/Halestorm - Glasgow Hydro 61 totobob 10/24/2013 06:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.