Lee Small news : FOR THOSE IN THE MIDLANDS, UK
Posted by: mattenigmamusic1 ()
Date: October 04, 2013 09:55AM

THE BAND OF BROTHERS
Connor Emms , Dez Wootton and Lee Small

For those that remember the glory days of JB's down the years, the boys were first known as PRIDE, one of the shining lights in the UK AOR scene. Their only album ANOTHER FINE MESS was popular amongst the UK press, fans and the midlands rock scene .
A few years later they changed to a heavier melodic hard rock sound and signed with short lived London based label PROACTIVE RECORDS who released their album PRIMITIVE SOUL. That album featured Paul Hodson on keyboards and Sue NcCloskey on vocals.
Note: the album was picked up by Escape from an ex proactive guy who renamed them SURVEILLANCE and the album ANGELSTATION. This was done without the bands knowledge .
The album opened up new doors for them , supporting the likes of Thunder, Skin, Skunk Anansie, Gun to name a few. Then a guy called BOB CATLEY contacted them. They soon became his backing band for his solo album tour for LEGENDS, across the UK and Europe.
I was just 15 at that time and when I met Bob, I couldn't believe how small he was or how nice he was!! And the funniest guy!

Lee of course went onto Phononena before the call came from SHY, as well as his own solo albums.
Connor and Dez went on to form metallers HEADSPEED before renaming themselves THE NEW SAINTS which included his cousin Andy (who died a few years ago for Cancer, ROCK FOR SPON ) and after his death Connor took time out.

Now the guys are back together to form one of the classic underrated unsigned line ups that many midland rockers will remember .
He says songs from the PRIDE & NATIVE CAIN eras will be played as well as new material and some of Lee's solo material.

Will keep you posted with news when Mr Emms enlightens me :-)

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Lee Small news : FOR THOSE IN THE MIDLANDS, UK419 mattenigmamusic1 10/04/2013 09:55AM
Re: Lee Small news : FOR THOSE IN THE MIDLANDS, UK 222 Woody 10/04/2013 08:50PM
Re: Lee Small news : FOR THOSE IN THE MIDLANDS, UK 157 mattenigmamusic1 10/04/2013 08:55PM
Re: Lee Small news : FOR THOSE IN THE MIDLANDS, UK 108 mark 10/05/2013 07:26PM
Re: Lee Small news : FOR THOSE IN THE MIDLANDS, UK 120 Woody 10/05/2013 09:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.