MRF3 highlights
Posted by: mbalogh ()
Date: October 03, 2013 06:18AM

What a awesome weekend and fun seemed to be had by ALL! First and foremost a big THANK YOU to Andrew for all he did to make this a reality.

Thinking back I'd have to say band highlights for me personally were:

Heaven & Earth - WOW - what a top notch class act of a band. Joe Retta was unreal and the rest of the band were just as good!

Eclipse - What a great bunch of guys, a singer who is one of the best and great songs to boot.

Steve Augeri - a class act as always. His voice got stronger and stronger as the set went on and by the end I was blown away.

Robert Tepper - Didn't know what to expect but was more than impressed

Mecca - They put together a great set list and Joe Vana sounded good and he and the whole band are just nice people. Jimi Jamison delivered too!

WET - What can you say but that JSS, EM and company delivered!

Adriangale - Great to hear those songs again and the new record is in my running for album of the year. Vic and the guys are some of the coolest guys you would want to know.

Ted Poley - Ted never disappoints. He's a consummate pro and his voice was maybe the strongest I have heard from him even back in the heyday.

Gary Schutt - I didn't know his "one man show" would be so impressive!

Glen Burtnik - The man put on a great show and got into the spirit of the show w/ a great set list choice. Highly entertaining!

7th Heaven - These guys never disappoint and they didn't need to do the medley thing this time because they have some great songs of their own to fill a full set. Keith Semple is one heck of a frontman too.

Tango Down - These guys were fun and David Reece was great.

Harem Scarem - The guys are some of the nicest people you could meet and it was great to hear some of the most classic songs of the genre live. Unfortunately I thought the band suffered from a so-so sound mix.

I didn't catch every act on the weekend as there was some downtime taken for eating and stuff so I am sure there was something I missed.

Having shared my list, I'd be curious what highlights were for others...

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
MRF3 highlights728 mbalogh 10/03/2013 06:18AM
Re: MRF3 highlights 469 mbalogh 10/03/2013 06:41AM
Re: MRF3 highlights 452 Melodicmax 10/03/2013 08:58AM
Re: MRF3 highlights 439 mhenders 10/03/2013 09:30AM
Re: MRF3 highlights 461 Honestabe30 10/03/2013 04:17PM
Re: MRF3 highlights 251 Doug Wolfgang 10/04/2013 12:28AM
Re: MRF3 highlights 252 SoMuchMusicSoLittleTime 10/04/2013 01:00AM
Re: MRF3 highlights 240 Doug Wolfgang 10/04/2013 01:27AM
Re: MRF3 highlights 254 PaulBonrud 10/04/2013 01:09AM
Re: MRF3 highlights 198 Honestabe30 10/04/2013 10:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.