Holliston (TV horror/comedy show - 80s rock inspired)
Posted by: Silent Laughter ()
Date: September 22, 2013 01:36PM

The GWAR topic gave me the idea for this.

Does anyone else watch the TV show Holliston? Its an original FearNet series. Kind of a sitcom/horror hybrid that also satirizes sitcoms (canned laughter in the wrong places, etc). Often has guest stars from the horror genre. Dee Snider has a recurring role as Lance Rockett, frontman for Van Halen tribute band Diver Down (or is it Dyver?). Also has Oderous Urungus in a recurring role, playing himself as the main character's imaginary friend. Starring, written, and directed by Adam Green, one of today's best young horror directors (Hatchet, Frozen, Spiral).

I searched the Noticeboard and didn't see any topics on this, which shocked me considering how rooted the show is in 80s rock. Especially since each week, "Lance" namedrops at least one different 80s rock band. Or the other characters do. They've mentioned Danger Danger, so if that doesn't convince you to check it out... ;-)

They've had 2 seasons now. You should give it a shot. I didn't think I'd be too into it, thought it might be too campy, but I was surprised how much I liked it. Genuinely funny, well written, and with heart (no I don't work for them lol). All the Season 2 episodes are still up on FearNet On Demand. And if you start with Season 2, you won't be too lost at having missed Season 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Justin...and I believe in Power Ballads.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Holliston (TV horror/comedy show - 80s rock inspired)218 Silent Laughter 09/22/2013 01:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.