hard rock respect
Posted by: deflep7 ()
Date: September 22, 2013 04:43AM

Everyone has their own tastes in music and while I may not like certain styles (country for instance) I can respect most types of music.

but..i guess mostly here in states is where i am, but why is that really over the years of hard rock/heavy metal music , say 40 years give or take , that for the msot part this music is still being played in many NEW movies, sports stadiums, commericals, and many of these bands are stil touring and actualying touring very well....BUT...this type of music reallyl gets no respect in the general public.

yes during the 80's you could slam the "look" ..or even some of the bands overtly sexaul lyrics...but hard rock bands most write all their own music, they play their own instruments ( and many are very very good at what they do,,top of their game), these bands really do sing and not lip sync etc..but ..in this country in particular rap is still huge ..these guys can not sing..only speak...alot of the music is lifted from rock bands...or you have these teenage girls singin and takingclothes off on stage .....now i am not against a little shock
but where is the real talent..many of these so called singing artists can not realy sing well at all.have limited range and when you see them actualy try it live its not good...but mtv so called video awards shows and others taught this as talented??..

again if someone likes just pure pop music thats cool....or r&B ....its not about that....its about talent..

but for whatever hard rock and heavy metal bands really do not get any respect in the general public...

david

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
hard rock respect427 deflep7 09/22/2013 04:43AM
Re: hard rock respect 104 Benno 09/24/2013 10:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.