See Stage Dolls live from last year's Firefest
Posted by: blm ()
Date: September 21, 2013 08:39AM

http://www.rocktopia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4086%3Astage-dolls-live-at-firefest-2012-watch-thel-show-on-rocktopia-tv&catid=41%3Alatestnews&Itemid=65&fb_action_ids=10151877977525050&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

Stage Dolls review by Rick Bauters from www.livereviewer.com:

"I saw the next band for the first time in my life on the 2010 edition Firefest. I was more than pleased to welcome the Norwegian STAGE DOLLS back on stage. Man two years ago that put down a wonderful show. I wanted to know if they could do that another time. When they kicked off with the title track from their latest album “Always” I knew this was gonna be a stellar performance! Guitarist and singer Torstein and bass player Terje where definitely very eager to please the crowd because they followed with the absolute cracker “Love Cries”.

They turned the stage into a boogie rock saloon with the extremely hip shaker “Left Foot Boogie”. They were at the set of a true romantic movie with “Hard To Say Goodbye”. They even switched to the comeback album “Get A Life” with the happy sounding “You’re The One” and the bass dominated “24/7”. Flakne’s voice is still super sexy and he proves that one’s more on that heartbreaker “Sorry (is all I can say)”. The songs are not so complicated but they are that catchy that everyone feels the need to sing along! When I look at the stage I think that the band also had a great time. They couldn’t stop laughing. The song “Taillights” was the first surprise for me and was spot on.

During the song “Commandos” the crowd spontaneous did the back ground harmonies and again that was proof of the totally dedicated audience at Firefest. But the track with the highest sing along factor must have been “Love Don’t Bother Me”. Oh man, what felt it great to be standing among the crowd when this tune hit Rock City! The temperature had raised at least 10 degrees at the venue but when they played “Wings of Steel” and “Still In Love” the sweat simply was dripping on the floor! The show ended with the Celtic inspired “Soldier’s Gun” from 1985! I just couldn’t believe what Stage Dolls just had pulled off. They topped their own performance off two years ago.

Rik Bauters"

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
See Stage Dolls live from last year's Firefest324 blm 09/21/2013 08:39AM
Re: See Stage Dolls live from last year's Firefest 176 Patrick 09/22/2013 05:46AM
Re: See Stage Dolls live from last year's Firefest 61 Lynchomaniac 09/30/2013 11:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.