A Final Word.
Posted by: TonyMills77 ()
Date: September 20, 2013 07:36PM

IN RESPONSE TO RECENT DEBATE - 20 SEPTEMBER 2013.

I guess I have to respond to the overlying tension within the media over my statement through Full Throttle magazine recently and that's fine.

I understand the tensions over leaving a band that are popular in their own country and the conflict that is generated through my actions, although I have said little really, other than the fact that I was drained of energy and motivation by hammering the same old songs, year in, year out. It was pretty much beating the artist out of me and I very much wanted to nurture creativity and continue to develop for the coming years. I could not have done that, if I had just towed a line to suit others and deny my natural assertion. I had to stop it somewhere.

I have not felt the need to lift sentences from interviews of other members of the band and point fingers and draw attention to myself. That is easy; my statement is from myself with regard to my point of view, I'm not interested in making profit from other peoples words that don't agree with my own outlook.

My focus of losing days of possible creativity just to satisfy one end was my main point, it frustrated me greatly to the point of feeling that I was actually achieving little of what I actually wanted to do with my aims, aspirations, ideas and the time I have. TNT have given me a great platform for seven years, regardless of who says what and I am grateful for that. Playing live music loud is a great kick for all the musicians I know and satisfying the fans is a bottom line. Shaking a lot of hands after a show speaks volumes whether they break your fingers or not !! TNT have always been very popular in Norway and the fanbase speaks that volume. If the point wasn't made for me, in the last seven years, then it never would have been made at all. But with no further performances for a year and no album forthcoming, it was a good time to make the space for the original line up to reform and to give them the time without any further involvement to settle together again and do whatever they want to do. I am happy for that.

Whatever agreements or disagreements we had internally have not left me bitter, let me say. It is difficult to live in total harmony with what is effectively a second family.
I met as many people and fans over the years that were just as happy as the ones that were bitter and I gave them equal audience because I understood.

For anyone who is interested in facts, I don't regret leaving the band; on the contrary, I am happy for them, that they will continue and do what they want to do, as I can myself. I'm not in the least perturbed by the hatemail or anything else and I'm sure we will all get on with our own separate directions as time goes by. I had originally said that I would cover the bands commitments up until Christmas, should I be needed, although January was mentioned, but I think those times have passed us by, now. I'm sure I wont perform again with TNT; that way everyone is clear on where everyone else stands and that should satisfy a lot of people.
I think some comments were right, regarding the balance of focus from 'wasting my days' (which I meant my own creativity ebbing slowly away) and 'hating playing old songs for fans', which was really a genuine frustration about not going forwards or even sideways, but remaining static.
There have been some bright sparkling moments over the years, and the desire to hold the torch up a little higher, is all that really emotes such statements, not a different agenda. I do not leave the band hating anyone, quite the opposite; I have treasured great times with the Norwegian fans and already enjoyed the time to write with different talents in different countries since then, to great satisfaction. So, for anyone who wishes to perpetuate the negativity, go ahead. And for those who wish to perpetuate the legend of TNT in Norway, go ahead. Godspeed. Enjoy your freedom of speech. In our world of music, it belongs to us all.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
A Final Word.1016 TonyMills77 09/20/2013 07:36PM
Re: A Final Word. 561 RAMSAY 09/20/2013 07:57PM
Re: A Final Word. 429 sharkfist 09/20/2013 08:44PM
Re: A Final Word. 355 Daredevil 09/20/2013 10:33PM
Re: A Final Word. 322 Walk In The Shadows 09/20/2013 11:11PM
Re: A Final Word. 297 Scott 09/20/2013 11:18PM
Re: A Final Word. 300 Doug Wolfgang 09/21/2013 12:57AM
Re: A Final Word. 271 Big Al 09/21/2013 12:58AM
Re: A Final Word. 275 wookie 09/21/2013 02:42AM
Re: A Final Word. 294 chynablue 09/21/2013 02:58AM
Re: A Final Word. 217 cymru 09/21/2013 10:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.