Re: O/T Computer Help (Java/Email)
Posted by: trekman ()
Date: August 30, 2013 02:27AM

Thank You Quicksand, I appreciate your taking the time to search for an answer. I got your email notification a few minutes after I got one from a techie at the Mozilla help board. He sent this to me and it worked. Thanks again. :)

"

Sorry for the confusion, but JavaScript and Java are not really related. The Java plugin is used by some sites for games or scientific applets, but it isn't necessary to runs the kinds of scripts that appear on most site. JavaScript is handled by Firefox itself.

You can access the global on/off switch for JavaScript using Firefox's about:config preferences editor. This is a change in Firefox 23, so that website will need to be updated.

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.

(2) In the search box that appears above the list, type or paste java and pause while the list is filtered

(3) If javascript.enabled is bold, says "user set" and "false", double-click it to re-enable JavaScript.

There are some add-ons that create a toolbar button for this if you think you might want to switch JavaScript off and on regularly. Otherwise, you can keep this post handy for future reference."

CRANK IT UP !!!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
O/T Computer Help (Java/Email) 301 trekman 08/29/2013 05:07PM
Re: O/T Computer Help (Java/Email) 169 trekman 08/30/2013 12:32AM
Re: O/T Computer Help (Java/Email) 160 Quicksand 08/30/2013 01:31AM
Re: O/T Computer Help (Java/Email)165 trekman 08/30/2013 02:27AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.