O/T: Can you groove deeper than that?
Posted by: Laurent ()
Date: August 29, 2013 03:41PM

One of the things I miss the most in rock these days is the lack of groove. There are very, very few rhythm sections that really excite me. I can think of only a handful of great groovy rock drummers (Pat Torpey, Tommy McManus, Ron Wikso for instances).

This is not a rock song. It's a bluesy/jazzy song from a famous French singer called Michel Jonasz. 22 years ago he released an album called "Ou est la source" with some of the best LA studio cats (Gadd, Laboriel, da Costa, Conte, Carlton, Jackson Jr.) and then toured mostly in France with a killer line-up that included three studio legends: Steve Gadd on drums, Abraham Laboriel on bass and Luis Conte on percussion. This video also features three famous French studio cats.

The song is called "Groove Baby Groove", and if there is one song that ever lived up to its title it is this one. Can you groove deeper than this rhythym section?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5uVFrqofgsc

If the link doesn't work search for "Michel Jonasz - Groove baby groove - live Zenith 93".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 03:42PM by Laurent.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
O/T: Can you groove deeper than that?249 Laurent 08/29/2013 03:41PM
Re: O/T: Can you groove deeper than that? 110 Alex 08/30/2013 06:02PM
Re: O/T: Can you groove deeper than that? 100 Captain Can Man 08/31/2013 01:33AM
Re: O/T: Can you groove deeper than that? 66 Carl1 08/31/2013 09:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.