Loverboy/Night Ranger @ Dutchess County Fair last night
Posted by: MetalWarrior85 ()
Date: August 23, 2013 08:01AM

After missing them when they came around my way in '09, I finally saw Loverboy last night. Anyway, onto the show itself.

Night Ranger as usual put on a great show. This was the 6th time I had seen them and the only gripe I'd have is the lack of variety in the set list over the years. That aside, I'd highly recommend anyone who hasn't seen them to do so if you have the chance. I was happy that "Goodbye" was in the set as they hadn't played that the other 5 times I saw them. Night Ranger setlist

Loverboy were also given an hour (which was surprising and disappointing as I was figuring they'd get a full 90 minutes). The entire show was over by 9:30 which seems a bit early even if it was at a fair. Unfortunately, they were a letdown. I was thrilled about finally getting to see them too. Early on, Mike seemed rusty and his voice sounded very nasal and "like a duck" at times as my wife had said lol. The first 20-25 minutes went by slowly as it seemed they slowed down the tempo of the songs quite a bit. They turned "take me to the top" into a bit of an extended jam session similar to what Frankie does at every Survivor show. After that, they picked up the pace with "it's your life." At the time, the crowd seemed mostly lifeless and bored. On the plus side, Mike's voice had warmed up by then and for the most part he sounded good. Then, things slowed down yet again as they went into "this could be the night." By now with most of the set gone, they closed out with "the kid is hot tonite" "hot girls in love" and of course "turn me loose" and "working for the weekend." To my surprise, Mike was still able to hit some of those high notes (most specifically the one in "turn me loose"). I've never heard any negatives about Loverboy's live shows before so this had come as a surprise. He did look winded during the middle of "take me to the top" so I can't help but wonder if he was just having an off night or felt under the weather.

Loverboy setlist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 08:01AM by MetalWarrior85.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Loverboy/Night Ranger @ Dutchess County Fair last night553 MetalWarrior85 08/23/2013 08:01AM
Re: Loverboy/Night Ranger @ Dutchess County Fair last night 248 Deuce 08/24/2013 03:15AM
Re: Loverboy/Night Ranger @ Dutchess County Fair last night 182 Scottrock55 08/26/2013 12:02AM
Re: Loverboy/Night Ranger @ Dutchess County Fair last night 174 MetalWarrior85 08/26/2013 09:11PM
Re: Loverboy/Night Ranger @ Dutchess County Fair last night 146 Scottrock55 08/27/2013 08:45AM
Re: Loverboy/Night Ranger @ Dutchess County Fair last night 137 MetalWarrior85 08/27/2013 09:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.