Re: 7th Heaven fires Anthony Federov
Posted by: Silent Laughter ()
Date: August 23, 2013 09:21AM

Wow...that was fast. Before Andrew even reviewed the album. I really liked that album, too. Hopefully he'll still review it. Its crazy how many singers they've had now...more than Doctor Who has had Doctors, right? ;-)

I agree with Honestabe30, though, that Keith's voice is really unique and brought something new to the band. Not sure who I prefer as a songwriter, since I did think Anthony's debut solo EP was stronger than Keith's, so I guess they kind of even out.

In terms of egos, you'd think Richie and the guys would have suspected what they were getting into before they hired Anthony. If they want a high profile (or formerly high profile) singer, that usually comes with the territory. Should have done some test shows and had more of a "feeling out" process IMO.

Oh, and not only do I remember what Honestabe30 said about Richie detailing that problem with Anthony here about incorporating the 7th Heaven style into one of his solo songs (which already sounded very 7th Heaven-esque and perfect the way it was to my ears, no pun intended), but I also remember Richie posting about disagreements with Keith here as well, specifically about the Pop Media album, so I wouldn't assume everything was peachy with Keith either. Bands have disagreements, that's just how it is.

That being said, he does sound like a class act to step back in like this and help them. I wonder if they'll still do songs from the new album, guess Keith would have to learn them. Shame to let them go to waste. Well...I wish them all the best :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm Justin...and I believe in Power Ballads.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
7th Heaven fires Anthony Fedorov 1415 WescottF1 08/22/2013 09:54PM
Re: 7th Heaven fires Anthony Federov 790 Andrew 08/22/2013 11:10PM
Re: 7th Heaven fires Anthony Federov 751 Carl1 08/22/2013 11:30PM
Re: 7th Heaven fires Anthony Federov 687 Andrew 08/23/2013 01:02AM
Re: 7th Heaven fires Anthony Federov 740 Honestabe30 08/23/2013 01:17AM
Re: 7th Heaven fires Anthony Federov 696 mike1990 08/23/2013 01:41AM
Re: 7th Heaven fires Anthony Federov 610 Andrew 08/23/2013 08:30AM
Re: 7th Heaven fires Anthony Federov696 Silent Laughter 08/23/2013 09:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.