BON JOVI Singles! + some thoughts
Posted by: Alex siedler ()
Date: May 06, 2000 04:17AM

Hi!!!!

Well, yesterday´s been THE day! I grabbed BJ´s new single!!!!!!!!!

But there´s one problem:

There are two versions of that single containing following stuff:

Disc1:

1. Its my life
2. Hush (demo)
3. You cant lose in love (demo)
4. enhanced live Video of "someday i´ll be saturday night"

Disc2:

1. Its my life
2.Temptation
3 i dont want to live forever
4. "prayer94" live video

Thats whats written on the singles and jewelcases, but Disc2 contains the SAME track list as Disc1 + 3 and 4 of Disc2!

So my question is if this also happened on other single versions around and if so will there be a third "correct" single? Also, are there other B-sides on other versions? The songs released here in Austria are cool, but really not their best stuff.

Related to the topic discussing about the "new" MHR in form of BSB or Jesicca simpson (i think it wa started by KIERAN; not shure, so forgive me if i´m wrong..); I think that the music around now is DEFINITLY a step BACK in the rigth direction.
Its more AOR than anything else in the 90ies (speaking of popular music).

I wonder what one could do to satisfy the most of AOR fans, when including new sounds to the own? Being a songwriter myself I never really tried to get other music in mine. Maybe thats because i aint a that good guitarist at the moment and just want to progress in "my" style.

And maybe THATs the problem!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything is supposed to be kept "pure"!. Pure AOR, Pure MHR, Pure Glam or whatever.

It seems that any progress in a certain style is forbidden and will be judged with death if its not "pure". But how should new Artists bring our music back into spotlight? Definitly not by doin´ tha same stuff others did BETTER 10 years ago. Its even for me hard to believe that, but PRogression is a must in MHR.

Dont get me wrong, i love the music with all i got and maybe would die for it, but "progression" doesnt mean to change your style from Death Metal to Folk rock, just because trends and medias want you to. Look at Bon Jovi for example; NJ was, IMHO, a giant step from Slippery....; thats Progression: Makin your sound cooler, add"foreign" instruments, musical styles to pep your sound up, grow with your music or let the music grow with you.

Good examples would be Def Lep Pyro.....- Hysteria
Bon Jovi SWW .....NJ
POISON Open up ..... C A S

But thats not what alot of new bands do; as cool as they might be, but alot of them just seem to copy others. Of course a good song is a good song, i think that also a "very own" style is needed to get the attention back.

just my though (....maybe i drifted a bit away from the topic, but anyway...)

ALEX

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
BON JOVI Singles! + some thoughts200 Alex siedler 05/06/2000 04:17AM
RE: BON JOVI Singles! + some thoughts 131Surfpunk05/06/2000 07:18AM
Things are looking up....... 144 Geoff 05/06/2000 11:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.