Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿
Date: July 29, 2013 11:34AM

I agree for the most part and I consider myself as big a VH fan as you'll find. He actually did have a decent range in his prime and then of course there was the legendary falsetto screams etc.... which left him around 84-86.

What really pisses me off is that a majority of VH fans on the net remain blindly loyal to DLR and anyone who disses his live performance "isn't a true VH fan" etc.....

I flew to Sydney to see them recently - the most I've ever spent to see any band - and for me it was like the holy grail. I feel almost sick/blasphemous admitting that Aerosmith blew them off the stage....mostly due to terrible VH sound mix , DLR not playing within his limits and less atmosphere. Aerosmith are far more "current" than a resurrected DLR fronted VH..........there were people in the crowd yelling out for Dreams ferchrissakes.

I'm still really glad I saw them and I admire Roth for all he has done and for his intellect , but this image he has created with the country boy overalls, cap , shimmying across his powdered floorboards and weird ass dance moves makes me feel embarrassed for him. Given his limitations it was rather ridiculous to see him chewing gum whilst trying to sing too.

Having said that , let's not underestimate how hard it is for him and the band. I think it's far easier for a band like Led Zep , The Eagles and even Aerosmith etc.... to recapture past glories given the tone of the material. These VH guys are pushing 60 and trying to recreate the ultimate party rock band - and , unlike KISS , they can't cover it up with make up. And here in Australia - as distinct from Aerosmith - they're essentially a band (w/DLR) who only ever had a few big hits 30 years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2013 11:35AM by the ORIGINAL brent.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿ 400 arrival 07/26/2013 06:58PM
Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿ 361 Andrew 07/26/2013 07:42PM
Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿ 260 Sven 07/26/2013 08:25PM
Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿ 218 buirt 07/26/2013 10:03PM
Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿ 211 Walk In The Shadows 07/27/2013 01:02AM
Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿ 187 Walk In The Shadows 07/27/2013 01:17AM
Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿ 169 sloman 07/27/2013 04:27PM
Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿ 102 Doug Wolfgang 07/29/2013 10:17AM
Re: any news about van halen in europe next year ¿¿104 the ORIGINAL brent 07/29/2013 11:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.