Kylie Olssen - Worst / Funniest DJ EVER!?!
Posted by: RAMSAY ()
Date: July 15, 2013 08:28PM

So - I listened to Team Rock's AOR show last night and have to say that Kylie Olssen is easily the most hilariously bad DJ I've ever heard! The words unprofessional and inept don't even begin to cover it - I think I've even heard student radio shows that were more proficient! I only heard the second hour of the show and was actually wondering if they had technical problems. I mean a couple of mistakes no worries - but the same ones over and over again??

Firstly, the play list was great. No qualms at all. It wasn't all the old classics either, but newbies from James Christian, Pat Travers and Magnus Karlsson amongst other rarities you might not expect. Given that kylie kept making a big deal about Jems Christen (her first pronunciation) and his first new material in 9 years (solo material surely) it's obvious she's not familiar with the artists and probably had nothing to do with the play list.

So - ever hear the phrase 'dead air is a crime'? Not to Kylie. After introducing each song there was at least a ten second gap before said track started playing. Then, you could often hear the track begin in the background for a few seconds before she selected the right function and we got to hear it. And at the end of every track another amusing passage of dead air before she spoke again, which at one point even included us hearing her finishing a drink before she spoke, obviously unaware her mic was back on! Not to mention selecting ads in the wrong place too.

I couldn't figure out whether such amateur mistakes were pissing me off or adding to the entertainment - but I did find myself laughing quite a lot! Hell, you'd think she'd have figured out how to use the equipment before the show started running. I understand why she's chosen for Sky Arts Download coverage as she's a bit of eye candy, but this is radio. Surely someone with a few basic skills would have been preferable to a dizzy bimbo?

In short - if Alan Partridge ever needs a sidekick....

----------------------------------------------------------

I know it's "cool" to make fun of celebrities, but jokes aside the stuff aimed at Justin Bieber needs to stop.

That's somebody's daughter.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Kylie Olssen - Worst / Funniest DJ EVER!?!265 RAMSAY 07/15/2013 08:28PM
Re: Kylie Olssen - Worst / Funniest DJ EVER!?! 144 Gaz H 07/16/2013 03:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.