Re: VEGA Wolvo live review + Chasing Violets album review
Posted by: Duncan ()
Date: July 14, 2013 10:07PM

Dave Ling thinks they were pretty good in London too:

Dave Ling live review:Saturday 6th July

My appreciation of Vega, who last night played a blinder of a set at the Barfly, grows unabated. Attendance numbers were no doubt affected by a combination of the day’s stifling heat and the fact that Bon Jovi were across town over at the Olympic Park, but the UK band are fast emerging as one of the best up ‘n’ coming talents this isle has to offer. Although my best intentions of catching the night’s support act, a bunch of big-haired Finns called Santa Cruz, were brutally scuppered by a cancelled train I arrived in time for the quartet’s last three tunes… really good stuff if you like your glammy hard rock to be a little on the shrill and obvious side. Goddamn you Network Southeast, or whatever you’re called these days.

The headliners used their hour to perfection with a strong mix of hard rockers and the occasional ballad such as ‘Saviour’ and ‘Headlights’ (the latter a song that I once foolishly mistook for a lighter-waving paean to head lice!) from both of the band’s albums. ‘What The Hell!’, the highly contagious title cut of their current record, might be a Frankenstein’s monster of Warrant’s ‘Cherry Pie’, ‘Lay Your Hands On Me' by Bon Jovi and just about any Def Leppard anthem you could name but when the band are in full pelt they’re pretty much irresistible. Ending with the Joe Elliott-approved video track ‘White Knuckle Ride’ and a self-descriptive ‘Hands In The Air’, Vega set up my weekend to perfection.

Here’s what was played: ‘Kiss Of Life’, ‘Not There For You’, ‘You Can’t Run’, ‘She Walks Alone’, ‘Into The Wild’, ‘Saviour’, ‘What The Hell!’, ‘Cry’, ‘Headlights’, ‘Hearts Of Glass’, ‘Stay With Me’, ‘White Knuckle Ride’ and ‘Hands In The Air’.
daveling.co.uk

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
VEGA Wolvo live review + Chasing Violets album review 337 Woody 07/14/2013 05:20AM
Re: VEGA Wolvo live review + Chasing Violets album review 200 Cressy 07/14/2013 07:38AM
Re: VEGA Wolvo live review + Chasing Violets album review 188 Woody 07/14/2013 07:55AM
Re: VEGA Wolvo live review + Chasing Violets album review171 Duncan 07/14/2013 10:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.