Re: new 7th Heaven....
Posted by: Silent Laughter ()
Date: July 11, 2013 05:58AM

USA-UK was an absolute monster. Would be my fave album of theirs if they'd pared it down a bit, but the standout songs are immense. Though my faves tended to be the newer songs, while some others here preferred the re-records from Silver. Was never crazy about Silver, but I did love the re-record of "Cellophane" (love both versions and the previous version is in fact what got me into 7th Heaven, since it was included as an e-mail bonus track on a MR.com CD I bought, so I have Andrew to thank for getting me into them).

This new one Synergy is much more pared down - just a monster CD with no filler, so its my fave album of theirs. I've decided its much better than the last album Pop Media, mostly because of the filler issue. The standout songs aren't as noticeable in terms of breaking out from the other songs, but maybe that's not such a bad thing, as it makes the whole CD sound good from beginning to end. Also noticed that my fave songs keep changing, so that's also a good sign. Probably my album of the year so far.

I only wish they'd gotten to record some songs from new singer Anthony Fedorov's EP "Never Over" as they'd originally planned, as I love that EP - very Daughtery-esque. Monster song on that called "You're Perfect" that I like even more than the Synergy songs, so it would have made Synergy just that much better. I actually thought it was originally a 7th Heaven song that would be on Synergy and was anticipating it as such until someone here told me after Synergy came out that it was from the pre-existing EP. Wish they'd clarified that a bit more at the time, since they had a sample of the original "You're Perfect" on the new album/Anthony "hype video".

As for vocals, I still kinda prefer Keith Semple just because his voice was so distinct, but this new guy is great, too (obviously, as he was an American Idol finalist).

Hope you can give it a listen soon :-)

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
new 7th Heaven.... 215 Greg 07/09/2013 12:49PM
Re: new 7th Heaven....84 Silent Laughter 07/11/2013 05:58AM
Re: new 7th Heaven.... 80 Greg 07/11/2013 10:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.