Aynsley Lister - For Fans Of Blues Rock With Lots Of Melody
Posted by: RAMSAY ()
Date: July 06, 2013 09:02PM

I've been listening to Aynsley's new album 'Home' a lot lately and it's absolutely superb. It's out on Monday (I know his manger in case you're wondering!) and is easily his best yet. The thing that's great about Lister - aside from the fact that his live shows are exceptional - is that he's much more than a great guitarist. In fact, he often underplays and his fretwork always serves the song as opposed to the other way around - a trap which too many blues guitarists dive head first into!! He has a unique, soulful voice that doesn't imitate the great blues singers of yesteryear and manages to stretch the limitations of the genre by infusing his material with pop, Americana, rock and jazz.

His last album - Equilibrium - was good, but maybe being on a big label put pressure on him to make it too commercial. He's now on his own label and this really feels like an album that refines and captures what he's all about without any outside pressure. For my money, there are few other British guitarists around with the all round talent of Aynsley.

Sorry, I don't have any samples from the new album, but here's a collection of snippets from his last live CD - the excellent Tower Sessions:

Aynsley Lister

----------------------------------------------------------

I know it's "cool" to make fun of celebrities, but jokes aside the stuff aimed at Justin Bieber needs to stop.

That's somebody's daughter.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Aynsley Lister - For Fans Of Blues Rock With Lots Of Melody292 RAMSAY 07/06/2013 09:02PM
Re: Aynsley Lister - For Fans Of Blues Rock With Lots Of Melody 155 robaich 07/06/2013 10:28PM
Re: Aynsley Lister - For Fans Of Blues Rock With Lots Of Melody 152 RAMSAY 07/07/2013 06:51AM
Re: Aynsley Lister - For Fans Of Blues Rock With Lots Of Melody 139 krisondrums 07/07/2013 10:19AM
Re: Aynsley Lister - For Fans Of Blues Rock With Lots Of Melody 143 LazyRocker 07/07/2013 06:16PM
Re: Aynsley Lister - For Fans Of Blues Rock With Lots Of Melody 109 robaich 07/08/2013 01:21AM
Re: Aynsley Lister - For Fans Of Blues Rock With Lots Of Melody 82 Mats B 07/08/2013 09:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.