School of Rock w/ Bruce Kulick, Jim Peterik, etc...
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 02, 2013 10:59AM

My School of Rock franchising family had a huge presence at Summerfest in Milwaukee this past weekend as 30+ of our schools competed against eachother in a Battle of The Bands. The celebrity rocker judges included Jim Peterik (Survivor), Earl Slick (David Bowie), Eric Bloom (Blue Oyster Cult), Bruce Kulick (KISS) and Metal Mike (Halford).

The night before everyone played at Summerfest, we hosted a huge "Gemba" party so the bands could jam. I snapped this photo when we introduced our judges. Spent some time chatting with Bruce Kulick and Metal Mike - both super nice guys and happy to take photos. Jim Peterik was a sweetheart and we chatted about his new tiger guitar for a while (see photo).

The one and only band I HAD to see at Summerfest was MORRIS DAY & THE TIME. Holy crapballs, easily the best show I've seen in the last five years. Energy, groove, funk, swagger, distorted electric lead guitar and 30+ women on stage shaking their ass. I know this video is short, but check it out so you see what I'm talking about. Pat Benatar was playing at the same time slot and I heard her set was solid but a little too much between song banter from Neil Giraldo. I've seen her live several times so I had to take a pass this time around as to not miss THE TIME!

http://youtu.be/xDZd-UPudlA

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
School of Rock w/ Bruce Kulick, Jim Peterik, etc...245 Ken 07/02/2013 10:59AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.