Avantasia--catching up:
Posted by: Terry K. ()
Date: July 02, 2013 07:56AM

OK-- I've finally caved and gotten the last four releases by Mr. Sammet and his revolving melodic metal project,Avantasia. For my tastes, I adore the newbie The Mystery Of Time. A bit more melody & keys/orchestration and a tad less metal--works best for me. Really like most all of Wicked Symphony as well. Angel Of Babylon is growing on me--but does anyone notice a tad less quality in production values on that cd? Seems a tad distorted or something to me - weird. I haven't quite gotten through the entire Scarecrow cd yet. Sonics there sound great tho. Liking most of it but I'll need 3-4 spins there to fully connect with it. THis guy is a very prolific writer that obviously loves him some Dio,Maiden,Priest etc but he sure has an ear for melody too. Damn good heavy /hard rock and I'm lovin' the artwork and booklet presentations too. really classy. too bad they're virtually unknown here in the States. tHen again, Iron Maiden doesn't even tour much here whilst being huge still everywhere else. THis country is so shot for great rock anymore. jeez.. T

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Avantasia--catching up:223 Terry K. 07/02/2013 07:56AM
Re: Avantasia--catching up: 101 cymru 07/03/2013 06:42PM
Re: Avantasia--catching up: 59 Terry K. 07/04/2013 05:18AM
Re: Avantasia--catching up: 91 juliocruz 07/03/2013 10:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.