Avantasia in Amsterdam, what a great show
Posted by: juliocruz ()
Date: May 12, 2013 04:07AM

Yesterday I saw Avantasia play live at the Melkweg in Amsterdam and what a great show it was. They played for more than 3 hours and tickets were less than 30 euro, so great value for money. Nowadays, a lot of headliners play less than 1,5 hours, so it's great to see a band that wants to give it's fans real value for money. The Melkweg is a relatively small venue, but still there was a big stage setup. I enjoyed watching all those great singers (Tobias Sammett, Michael Kiske, Bob Catley, Ronnie Atkins, Eric Martin, Amanda Sommerville and the singer from a German metal band) and the musicians did a very good job too (especially Oliver Hartmann, who not only played guitar, but also has a very strong voice). During the first hour of the show, Avantasia played a lot of new songs, of which I liked "Black Orchid", "Spectres" (the opener) and "The Great Mystery" the most. During the last hour they played all my favourite Avantasia songs, with the highlights being "The Wicked Symphony", "Dying For An Angel", "Lost In Space" and "Sign Of The Cross". They played a total of 24 songs and there were only 2 (speed metal) songs I didn't care for, all the rest was very good to great. Tobias Sammet is a great frontman and he made some very funny remarks. Besides that it was funny to watch Eric Martin sing a few heavy metal songs and he did a very good job. I'm an AOR/melodic rock fan (my favourite bands are Survivor and Journey), but I enjoyed this Avantasia show very much. It's one of the best concerts I saw the last 10 years, that's how good it was. So if you have a chance to see them, I recommend that you do, you won't be disappointed.

A Youtube video of the final song (song starts at 6.48): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eIA3eW8ms0

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2013 04:39AM by juliocruz.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Avantasia in Amsterdam, what a great show222 juliocruz 05/12/2013 04:07AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.