Re: M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ?
Posted by: Kent Bates ()
Date: May 06, 2013 12:38PM

Just got back myself. Here's my opinions:

Friday - Danger Danger and Kix were great, really got the crowd going on a pretty cold night. W.A.S.P performed well, but their sound guy didn't know what the hell he was doing. Way too loud, with the biggest issue being the kick drums. So loud it drowned out the guitar and bass. This happened on several bands sets.

Saturday:

Skipped Love/Hate

Steelheart - Sound wasn't that great and the guitar seemed off. I didn't recognize "Blood Pollution" until they started singing. Didn't sound like the song at all. I've seen them better elsewhere.

Trixter - Again the sound was too loud on the drums and drowned out the other instruments. The guitar cut out several times and they worked on it on a few songs. Steve Brown seemed off and had some difficulty with the material, perhaps worried that his guitar kept cutting out. I stayed for a few songs, then went to check out Tuff.

Tuff - Very pleasantly surprised. Great sound from the second stage. Stevie Rachelle is a great frontman and really had the crowd going. A good amount of their debut was played.

JSRG (Vixen) - Great sound and the band seemed fired up. They did a great version of Adele's "Rolling In The Deep". Not their biggest fan, but their material comes off heavier and better live. They were great to see.

Great white (Jack Russell) - Great sound, his new band was tight. Great musicianship. Played all the hits. The crowd loved them.

Loudness - Awful, awful sound. The worst of the day. Kick drums way too loud, drowning out the other instruments and singer. They played "Crazy Nights" as their second song. We stayed for two more then left.

Skipped King's X.

From here it's great sound all around. Steel Panther bleeding into Firehouse's set, followed shortly by Twisted Sister. All three bands different from one another and all brought their "A" game. Interesting note - before Twisted Sister, Eddie Trunk comes out to announce the rest of the evenings shows. When he says Bret Michaels is coming up after Twisted Sister, half the crowd BOOS!!!!

Jackyl - Never cared much other than the first album, but WOW. JJ Dupree is a really great frontman. He has that Dee Snider, David Lee Roth way of working the crowd up with various stories and was full of energy. I was really inebriated by this point and had a blast. Half the set was from the first album. Only downer - They started to play their last song but went over on time, so the power to the stage lights got cut and they were forced to end the song anti-climatically.

My friends and I did not stay for Bret Michaels. There were quite a number of people leaving before he came on.

Overall great weekend with really great weather on Saturday. Sky high food prices and a few sound guys who didn't know what the hell they were doing being the only issues.

Kent Bates

You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. THAT'S HOW WINNING IS DONE!!!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ? 392 Stephane 05/04/2013 11:25PM
Re: M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ? 281 Ken 05/04/2013 11:51PM
Re: M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ? 191 Ydde 05/05/2013 11:47PM
Re: M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ? 198 kidego71 05/06/2013 10:06AM
Re: M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ?204 Kent Bates 05/06/2013 12:38PM
Re: M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ? 136 Ken 05/07/2013 04:49AM
Re: M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ? 130 Kent Bates 05/07/2013 05:48AM
Re: M3 festival : any thoughts on Kix & W.A.S.P. ? 105 kidego71 05/07/2013 08:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.