Re: Toby and the Whole Truth - Ignorance is Bliss
Posted by: Wardy ()
Date: May 01, 2013 10:08AM

Might be able to help you Tony will need wait until tonight to take a look...

While on the subject this was a classy little album which I only recently commented on over at HH thus;

What we got here was a rather laid back moderate affair but it's now clear TobyAndTheWholeTruth was far better than we mighta first thought, & gotta say while sure it coulda done with more rock this is a fantastic release anyways and there's a ton of strong material to be had, each displaying Toby's usual strong writing & performances, Toby still in top shape vocally.

In fact the running order is primarily where IMO this stumbled upon release, the first couple tunes not quite capturing the true essence of the album. For example the crusier (and personal fave) Harder All The Time, the groov'n The Wind Blows Hard, the huge singalong balladish Save Me From Myself, the dark Slipping Through Your Finger, & I Won't Be With You are all top notch on par with the then recent Angels...

Maybe just me but from track3 and beyond the album keeps improving, acoustics and voice all intact! Regardless, an album well worth revisiting!

I'll add to that to say having now played this album quite a few times through these past weeks there's not much here to not like. Almost every tune is cracking and Bottom Line is really dig this album ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2013 10:11AM by Wardy.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Toby and the Whole Truth - Ignorance is Bliss 417 Tony Bainbridge 05/01/2013 07:22AM
Re: Toby and the Whole Truth - Ignorance is Bliss268 Wardy 05/01/2013 10:08AM
Re: Toby and the Whole Truth - Ignorance is Bliss 151 Tony Bainbridge 05/01/2013 04:00PM
Re: Toby and the Whole Truth - Ignorance is Bliss 183 seventhsea 05/01/2013 07:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.