Re: Van Halen Live in Australia April 20, 2013 - Review, photos, concert footage
Posted by: Aussie Dave ()
Date: April 24, 2013 12:22PM

I was at Stone, and thought Dave let the band down tbh. Cpmpared to the Boston show I witnessed about a year ago, his vocals really let the show down. The band were on fire and to my ears the sound was pretty good for an outdoor event! But Dave as good as he was as a front man, his vocals made a mockery of some of the older material. His vocals were actually better on the new material.

It didn't help that Aerosmith were on before them. The band looked refreshed and Tyler's vocals were spot on. I've never seen them live before and they surprised me at how good they were. But Kings Of Chaos stole the festival for mine. Watching them nail old Deep Purple and Gunners tracks was a highlight and Bach's and Hughes's vocals were superb as always! I hope they get together as a band more often.

Going by numbers, the festival was a complete and utter failure(if held in Melb, it would have been much more successful IMO). But I'll be forever grateful I got to see Eddie and Diamond Dave on stage together on Australian soil...

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Van Halen Live in Australia April 20, 2013 - Review, photos, concert footage 589 Signal Fan 04/24/2013 11:29AM
Re: Van Halen Live in Australia April 20, 2013 - Review, photos, concert footage451 Aussie Dave 04/24/2013 12:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.